Mingus and Parker Fuck for Breakfast - The late 80s to mid 90s Amphetamine Reptile and Skingraft Noiserock Thread (1 Viewer)

more recent german noiserock from last year — sounds like it could have been done in 1990, but I still love it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and I don’t know if we’re allowed to count my disco as noise-rock but they are simply one of the best bands on the planet so here we go

I realise I’m actually posting stuff that’s all from this side of the year 2000, not sure if that’s breaking the rules

anyway menfolk were a great band from denmark with a sort of silly name; this track has the greatest noise-rock drum solo of all time

also, while we’re chewing on oxbow... I used to be in a band with a person who shall remain nameless but who used to post here a bit. he loves oxbow. he has a giant oxbow tattoo across his chest. he went to an oxbow gig. he went to the merch stand and asked if they’d give any freebies to people with oxbow tattoos. the guy on the stand thought he was joking around and said, yeah, sure, this t-shirt and this box set. then my comrade whipped off his tshirt and stood there with the giant tattoo revealed. the guy gave him the t-shirt and box set with a look of horror and fascination, and I suspect partly trying to get rid of him.

seeing as this thread has already gone into drone territory, here's some more digression...

HARRY PUSSY live in NY 1995

Adris is now a mother, seemingly happily retired from music.

HARRY PUSSY live cover of Showroom Dummies

never really liked the term noise rock. it's a bit of a misnomer - UNSANE, TODAY IS THE DAY, GODHEADSILO and that type of stuff aren't 'noise'.
When I first heard of HARRY PUSSY in 1993, I saw a lazy comparison with SONIC YOUTH which along with the 'noise rock' tag put me off and I never checked them out until the youtube era.
I think H.P. were BEEFHEART, YOKO ONO, EUGENE CHADBOURNE, early HALF JAPANESE types.
they went at things with the fury of a noise-grind band but were coming from a different starting point completely.

and I don’t know if we’re allowed to count my disco as noise-rock but they are simply one of the best bands on the planet so here we go

Definitely

seeing as this thread has already gone into drone territory, here's some more digression...

HARRY PUSSY live in NY 1995

Adris is now a mother, seemingly happily retired from music.

HARRY PUSSY live cover of Showroom Dummies

never really liked the term noise rock. it's a bit of a misnomer - UNSANE, TODAY IS THE DAY, GODHEADSILO and that type of stuff aren't 'noise'.
When I first heard of HARRY PUSSY in 1993, I saw a lazy comparison with SONIC YOUTH which along with the 'noise rock' tag put me off and I never checked them out until the youtube era.
I think H.P. were BEEFHEART, YOKO ONO, EUGENE CHADBOURNE, early HALF JAPANESE types.
they went at things with the fury of a noise-grind band but were coming from a different starting point completely.

The Sonic Youth comparison came from the Your Flesh review which John Peel quoted before playing it:
"What Sonic Youth sounds like to your grandparents." if I remember correctly

I remember My Disco played one of the more poorly attended Skinny Wolves gigs around that 2005/2006 time.

My real Dub mate from Artane was having none of them saying afterwards, "that was a load of bollocks, man. Sounded like Rage Against the Machine."

Must relisten.

Yeah, not bad.

In a similar sparse, hypnotic vein based in Kyoto, Kukangendai.

I posted their album Palm in the 2019 albums thread? But is it noise rock, Des? Possibly...Stephen O'Malley said they were like Bastro meets something that were not like Bastro.

Mure from said album Palm. They muddle along resolutely in their clear, hypnotic way teasingly denying you the payoff you so desire.

Class live when I saw them. 30 minutes no nonsense.

I wanted to buy their latest but was uncertain of duty from Japan.

absolutely excellent band.
unfortunately i cant stand their newer ambient stuff. give me the riffs like

Pretty good, Ted, but metal, no?

Insane recent Unsane footage from this month:

My mate in Blighty saw them on Oct 30th possibly Bristol...probably played here 'n all but nobody knew about it...

and live from the CBGBs canteen 1989:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back