MIDI Interface Heelp (1 Viewer)

josephk

allo allo

I'm planning on getting a Midi keyboard and interface for crimbo but need to decide what to get. I was thinking of an M-Audio Keyrig and a Firewire Solo but then I saw that the Solo doesn't actually have Midi inputs. I'm wondering whether the latency you get when plugging a midi keyboard straight into the pc is bad enough to warrant springing for an interface which has MIDI in?

I want an interface that has an XLR in and a line in for my guitar so I can record straight onto pc, although, I suppose I could just use a XLR adaptor so I can plug mic through guitar in, aswell.

What interface should I get? And keyboard for that manner. I'll be using Ableton/FL Studio for making tunes, but I'm also interested in being able to record mic and guitar for when I'm making totally cool LOFI punkrock.

Limit for interface is the €200 - 220 mark, and around €100 for the keys. I'm a fool when it comes to this shit, and I'm aware this post is pretty nonsensical but if you could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

Thanks very much for reply man,

I've heard that firewire is the way to go as there is no latency whatsoever? You've not had any problems with USB though, no?

Also, on that interface, is there a line in for a guitar? A 1/4inch jack like.

Iv no firewire inputs so its usb for me!
Nope no problems for me,the ASIO drivers are solid,and you can easily change the latency settings if you do find theres any unwanted artifacts,crackles,pops and the like.

Yep,the inputs are both XLR and 1/4" jack,so you can could have two line ins,two mic ins,or mic and a line
fasttrackpro_front-rear.jpg

Fast track pro says that pc requires XP SP2. Does that mean it's not vista compatible?

Ordered them both the other day. I hope there's vista drivers or else Christmas day won't be the day I imagined

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back