Michael Knight Album Launch May 3rd Sugar Club (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Magee

Website
www.myspace.com
Erm...right now, there's not much to add apart from what's in the title, and that it's 10 euro, and that the album's called "I'm Not Entirely Clear How I Ended Up Like This". But more info to follow...

Listening to this today.... "You People Are Idiots" and "Scenes After A Hard Day's Work" keep making me laugh. Very humorous lyrics. I would love to see videos accompany these songs. Not that videos are really needed because these songs paint a very good picture...but still, I 'd love to see them.

Some more info...support from Mackerel the Cat and Patrick Freyne

And here's a review of the album from State:

"I'm not entirely clear why Richie Murphy isn't already a huge star in his own country. Why did his band, Michael Knight, have to leave Dublin for Berlin to seek their fortune? Do people just not get their sense of humour here? Or is it just that their elaborate, meticulously arranged pop and highly literate lyricism are just too clever-clever for mainstream tastes here?

Whatever, this state of affairs will surely be put right with their flamboyant second album, explanatorily subtitled 'A Somewhat Disjointed Narrative in 11 Tableux'. A loosely connected series of sharp, witty and acutely observed musings on the high and lows of love and life, it's set to a musical score that is, by turns, quaintly ramshackle and astonishingly accomplished. A fine ensemble cast of singers and musicians flow in and out of Murphy's intricate missive, each song a joyful nugget in its own peculiar right.

From the post-modern sleaze of 'Coronation Street' to the ironic triumph of the title track, Murphy's theatrical wit and daring sense of melody puts him on a footing with the likes of Stephen Merritt, Neil Hannon and even Noel Coward. A truly victorious album."

Expect more "useful" info to trickle out when this thread slips from view again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back