Michael Ironside in Clare (1 Viewer)

The bloke has one of the most characterfully malevolent phizogs in b-movie history, yet I think I've only seen him in one film - Extreme Prejudice, Walter Hill's Wild Bunch redo with Powers Boothe, Nolte and a rake of proper actors. Watched it in a bedsit on Claude Road in 2006. Beko TV from Power City in Finglas. The Movie Magic in Drumcondra had to be the worst video store I was ever in. Staff must have watched Clerks to the point where it was running through their veins like a religion to attain that level of customer service.

I saw a bit of Scanners on Ch4 when I was really young and it scared the living shit out of me. Always avoided it since ...I'll put it in the calendar for Halloween 2021.

Ironside. He was crying out to be a Bond heel at one point surely - in a Robert Davi vein. I'd bank on a Winding Refn type giving him a significant rollout yet. The face is just too good.

Last edited:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The bloke has one of the most characterfully malevolent phizogs in b-movie history, yet I think I've only seen him in one film - Extreme Prejudice, Walter Hill's Wild Bunch redo with Powers Boothe, Nolte and a rake of proper actors. Watched it in a bedsit on Claude Road in 2006. Beko TV from Power City in Finglas. The Movie Magic in Drumcondra had to be the worst video store I was ever in. Staff must have watched Clerks to the point where it was running through their veins like a religion to attain that level of customer service.

I saw a bit of Scanners on Ch4 when I was really young and it scared the living shit out of me. Always avoided it since ...I'll put it in the calendar for Halloween 2021.

Ironside. He was crying out to be a Bond heel at one point surely - in a Robert Davi vein. I'd bank on a Winding Refn type giving him a significant rollout yet. The face is just too good.
Are you telling me you've never seen Total Recall? Starship Troopers??? VERHOEVEN MASTERPIECES!!

Are you telling me you've never seen Total Recall? Starship Troopers??? VERHOEVEN MASTERPIECES!!
Of course. Total Recall but probably when I was nine... UTV with the news cutting through it. It's on the rewatch list after the Colin Farrell remake.

Never saw Starship Troopers. Stephen Dorff appearance would bump it up the list, I take it he's not in it.

I bought Black Book for 50 p last year, but at 2 hrs 20, it may never get watched. Elle though...

Should have been in Robocop with Kurtwood Smyth and Ray Wise.

[Be mortified if he actually was, and I couldn't remember...].

He'd have been sheer perfection in the original Twin Peaks playing an enigmatic thug/powerful drifter akin to Chris Mulkey's Hank Jennings. Admittedly Mulkey has the right small-town hick look about him. Some out of town figure mixed up with Leo Johnson though. Ironside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back