• Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2

cpr

Pricks....
Website
www.myspace.com
So a few weeks ago,we had a mouse in our gaff,mister CPR caught him in a humane trap,brought him down to the sea front and let him go.last night I saw another one running across the counter top.I nearly pissed myself,couldn't sleep all last night,terrified of our squeaky friend.so my question is what can we do other than laying humane traps?is it our landlords obligation to call in an exterminator?or is that a bit dramatic???

So a few weeks ago,we had a mouse in our gaff,mister CPR caught him in a humane trap,brought him down to the sea front and let him go.last night I saw another one running across the counter top.I nearly pissed myself,couldn't sleep all last night,terrified of our squeaky friend.so my question is what can we do other than laying humane traps?is it our landlords obligation to call in an exterminator?or is that a bit dramatic???

Get a cat! Honestly, the mice will take off in no time. Even borrow one for a week or so!

You can get a plug-ins that are too high pitched for humans to hear buy mice hate them. I've seen them in Dunnes and Atlantic Homecare. Not sure if you'd be able to use them with your dog though, guessing it'll say it on the box.
I think your landlord is in charge of sorting out an exterminator, but if there's only one of two of them s/he'll probably just tell you to put down more traps.

neighbours cat ensconced in the kitchen, no reaction as yet!and he is a killer. also I got a plug in thingy which my folks have at home and they've had no problems since they got one.They don't affect cats or dogs so we are ok.
the traps remain unfettered but there has been no sign of life since we left this morningi'm still scared tho:eek:

mice are nice
my nother half has one of those ultrasonic things in his kitchen, we all stood around and discussed it after seeing a mouse flee from the recycling pile to underneath the fridge one afternoon. the lads in the flat reckon it works but there was still a mouse there...

i like mice though....the pitter-patter of tiny feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xfQtM1Y0

I think mice are rather nice
Their tails are long,
Their faces small,
They haven’t any chin at all.
Their ears are pink,
Their teeth are white,
They run around the house at night.
They nibble things they shouldn’t touch,
And no one seems to like them much.
But I think mice are nice!

no mouse action during the night and I had a blissful nights sleep. The cat is still non plussed about the kitchen so I'm off to some DIY shops to get something to block the holes in the kitchen!I'm going nuclear on this mouses ass.

Are you sure it's a real mouse?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

rats i'm not so keen on. i don't know why. like that nazi dude in inglourious basterds, rats are repulsive, for no particular reason. i was doing fieldwork on an island in vanuatu and i brought two cans of corned beef with me. i ate a little and wrapped it in 3 classes of plastic bag. middle of the night i wake up to this rustling sound and grab my torch, train it towards the sound. needless to say ratty is digging into my tinned meat. i threw a shoe at him and hung my food from a tree outside the cabin from then on.

So a few weeks ago,we had a mouse in our gaff,mister CPR caught him in a humane trap,brought him down to the sea front and let him go.

Word has obviously got around tha you are providing free trips to the sea side for all the local mouse folks...

My experience is that if you see/hear one mouse then you have twenty and those noise makers are grand deterants but once you have them it won't drive them out if they have access to food etc. If you want rid of them it's cat or poison it's that simple.

Also Mice are grand but they do have three nasty habits;

1. leaving shit everywhere

2. gnawing through things like wires.

and most disturbingly

3. Crawling into or getting trapped in things you use and dying. so next time you go to use for example your washing powder there's a mouse corpse at the top of the box. They can get through holes less than a quarter of an inch in diameter so it's impossible to block their access points.

Rats are grand as pets but I wouldn't like them running round my gaf. which is in fairness unlikely as Rats are Neophobes and don't like to be indoors near humans.

the only problem with the poison is that they die somewhere inaccessible and you have rotting smell for weeks.

how do we feel about bats?
2457015980_bff9a5b1cd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back