Mic preamp for MD recording (1 Viewer)

Richie

Can anyone recommend me somewhere in Dublin where I could pick up a mic preamp (as cheap as possible, preferrably)? I want to use my mindisc player to record rehearsals, gigs, etc.. but managed cunningly to pick up a model (the MZ-N505) which has a line-in socket but no mic socket.

Yeah that site is cool, I bought a lot of stuff there and never had troubles.

Try also Maplin in Jervis St, just round the corner from Peats, they have some good stuff too

Richie, if you're going to buy from Thomann, make sure you deal with their Irish agent. (Go to their website and find out how to contact him.) Dealing with them in Germany is a pain if something goes wrong.

We were mislead by something in one of their catalogues and when we asked to exchange the product (for something more expensive, I might add) they refused. Because they were in German there was bugger all we could do about it.

Originally posted by Richie
Can anyone recommend me somewhere in Dublin where I could pick up a mic preamp (as cheap as possible, preferrably)? I want to use my mindisc player to record rehearsals, gigs, etc.. but managed cunningly to pick up a model (the MZ-N505) which has a line-in socket but no mic socket.

Re: Re: Mic preamp for MD recording

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
Richie, if you're going to buy from Thomann, make sure you deal with their Irish agent. (Go to their website and find out how to contact him.) Dealing with them in Germany is a pain if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the tip. Having looked at their site the catalogue is confusing enough that I'm fairly sure I'd buy the wrong thing... I'm thinking of going for this instead, as it would appear to solve the problem at less cost than an actual preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back