Metallica - The Black Album (1 Viewer)

Ann Post, cool it down man. Don't be on Spotify if you get pissed at how it works and how Metallica's management worked how to own it for a few weeks.

I've seen them doing it on (fuck) facebook too. Every one of the 56 acts posts their version and Metallica comments on them all and suddenly they're absolutely everywhere all week. I just see it and can't help but be impressed by the thing.

As for the Blacklist... It's a good idea, they're not technically making any money out of it. Some of the versions are decent others are horrible. Good spread of artists.

Ann Post, cool it down man. Don't be on Spotify if you get pissed at how it works and how Metallica's management worked how to own it for a few weeks.

I've seen them doing it on (fuck) facebook too. Every one of the 56 acts posts their version and Metallica comments on them all and suddenly they're absolutely everywhere all week. I just see it and can't help but be impressed by the thing.

As for the Blacklist... It's a good idea, they're not technically making any money out of it. Some of the versions are decent others are horrible. Good spread of artists.

Nah I can totally criticise Metallica, Universal records and spotify If I like. Just don't come on the internet for a few weeks if you don't like it :p. To me it's 100% more interesting to look at the machine and see how it works than it is to be passive. I definitley cant see how how this album could be album clubbed without talking about how it's being marketed, and who's getting fucked over by the behemoth. The only reason it was mentioned at all was marketing.

I'd be more concerned that people are about passive about these thing tbh.

Also if people cover your song and it gets played on spotify you get money, they are making money from it. If your music ends up in discover lists because you've been trojan horsed into someones modern digital music collection, you also get money. All parties are technically making money. The got money from me today by being in my discover list because it was playing from another room.

The most interesting thing I've read about in 20 years that is that sandman was them trying to do a soundgarden riff.

I can absolutely see the marketing going on here.
Every artist on this thing has nominated their own charity that gets the money. Obvs they all hope to get the bump in their own sales as a result. As do Metallica.

I'd say the general consensus is it's a bit of a snoozefest... just a very boring, unexciting album. It might bait some metalheads in to joining Thumped though.

Never was one for Metallica though. Give me Sepultura or Pantera over these merchants any day.
Pantera,contender for worst band ever. Definitely worst recorded guitar and drum sound.

Never was one for Metallica though. Give me Sepultura or Pantera over these merchants any day.
Pantera is one of those universally loved bands that do nothing for me. Apart from the Fibber Magees song "Walk"and the awful "Cemetery Gates",which I was told I "had"to listen to I've never managed to get through a whole song.

But back to the Black Album. I checked the track list and was surprised to find I knewagoid few of the songs. I can see why this record would have a broader appeal than their earlier stuff but it's a bit of a snoozefest.

I can absolutely see the marketing going on here.
Every artist on this thing has nominated their own charity that gets the money. Obvs they all hope to get the bump in their own sales as a result. As do Metallica.

Yeah that album is long past the point of being much more than a product. It got in my discover list twice - All I see is an artist or two who hasn't been shilling 5 songs for twenty years getting yeeted off into obscurity because of that. I mean like i'll do something about that, millions wont.

Metallica get all the shit for Lulu,but on the back of seeing them do a few songs with Lou Reed on something or other they were definitely dragged down

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back