Metallica - The Black Album (1 Viewer)

The blacklist thing is horrific really.

fifty something major label artists stage a coup on the music suggestion algorythm. People who like x also like y suggestions for months. your dad* who might have been getting suggested some more obscure acts is gonna get universal music label suggestions for months. 50% of these gotta be waning careers looking for a bump. It's gross. I'd probably album club it if they'd not done this, but I'm not spending six months driving into walls because taylor swift lands in my discover weekly. Might have a twitter rant about it in a while actually.

*i.e. people my age

Its when they stopped being gods, musically and became mere mortals. On the plus side they made a lot of money. I didn't begrudge them that at all, i just found it disappointing. A few decent songs on it i suppose..
Still don't own it.

fifty something major label artists stage a coup on the music suggestion algorythm. People who like x also like y suggestions for months. your dad* who might have been getting suggested some more obscure acts is gonna get universal music label suggestions for months. 50% of these gotta be waning careers looking for a bump. It's gross. I'd probably album club it if they'd not done this, but I'm not spending six months driving into walls because taylor swift lands in my discover weekly. Might have a twitter rant about it in a while actually.

*i.e. people my age

whats this?
idiot explainer for someone who no longer haunts social media to any great extent please

*i.e. people my age
It's a weird one. Alongside the global megastars, you also have acts like The Chats and Imelda May. Who is the target audience for this? Not metal fans anyway.

It's a weird one. Alongside the global megastars, you also have acts like The Chats and Imelda May. Who is the target audience for this? Not metal fans anyway.

Dealing with the youth all day as I do, kids aren't genre foccused so much as they were in the world when we were that age and had a couple of CDs to carve an identity out of. Everything is on the table all the time. The passive imelda fan gets introduced to imelda, the Imelda fan gets introduced to metallica multipied by 50. Metallica dads and moms go to thier biannual Imelda gig and oh look there's a poster for a metallica show, he metallica are a thing lets go for the craic shir if imelda things they are ok

I have zero beef with Imelda by the way - I have beef with universal music gaming the listening robots like this. If a little Irish label did the exact same I wouldn't give a shit, but metallica/universal are doing this to pull the ladder up a little higher.

For the record I like the black album in small sentimental doses, I am that age. puppets/lightning/black all might as well have been released on the same day where I grew up. I'm just gonna block it on spotify though, I love to listen really wide to music, this will only act as a funnel.

Godawful suggestion.

No more adjacent to canon fodder. Instead of Metallica - who everybody fuckin' knows - let's do Voivod or something less of a household name.

Or is this an instance of trolling?

No more adjacent to canon fodder. Instead of Metallica - who everybody fuckin' knows - let's do Voivod or something less of a household name.
People were chatting about them here recently and I went to their best of. Like the track that is called Voivod. Did they have a few singers over the years:?

Godawful suggestion.

Or is this an instance of trolling?
not trolling at all. You can think what you want of it, and yeah, most people probably know it well, but its divisive and it will get a bit of debate going. Thats the angle I was coming at it from as opposed to thinking someone would discover something new.

People were chatting about them here recently and I went to their best of. Like the track that is called Voivod. Did they have a few singers over the years:?
I've only listened to them in patches.

There was a cool interview with them in Wire magazine last year which I've all but forgotten...

Edit: Nuke Terrorist is the person to ask about them.

Yep, there was some personnel changes over the years... Jason Newsted was in them early on [pre-Metallica], and possibly worked with them again after he left Metallica. That poor bastard was in Metallica in the 90s.

90s Metallica.... whiskey in the giro.

not trolling at all. You can think what you want of it, and yeah, most people probably know it well, but its divisive and it will get a bit of debate going. Thats the angle I was coming at it from as opposed to thinking someone would discover something new.
I'd say the general consensus is it's a bit of a snoozefest... just a very boring, unexciting album. It might bait some metalheads in to joining Thumped though.

Never was one for Metallica though. Give me Sepultura or Pantera over these merchants any day.

I'd say the general consensus is it's a bit of a snoozefest... just a very boring, unexciting album. It might bait some metalheads in to joining Thumped though.

Never was one for Metallica though. Give me Sepultura or Pantera over these merchants any day.
we got 20 posts out of my merely suggesting it. Not too bad, I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back