Met John Hartson at the weekend (1 Viewer)

Franco

Nice lad. Some gut on him these days. Was on the same flight as me. Asked him does he see much of Eyal Berkovic these days, and he said 'Nah, but the sad thing was, he was a decent guy, Eyal, you know?". He also said Martin Keown and Fernando Ricksen are pricks, and his divorce has nobbled him a bit financially, ("Two divorces and you're living above a pub mate"). He also likes working for Setanta.

Anyone met any footballers and got any decent stories?

Met Steve Finnan and Kenny Cunningham up in Club 92 a good few years ago. Both sound. I told Steve Finnan I thought he was really great at a time when he didn't have much of a profile so I'd like to claim some credit for his later success with Liverpool/Ireland. He hasn't done a book yet to my knowledge so when he does I'll be expecting a few mentions.

Returned a ball to David Beckham at the Milk Cup in Portstewart in about 1992 or so. He said thanks. Prick.

Went on the lash with Paul McGrath a few years back, can't remember how it ended up, good night though.

Met Tony Cascarino in Glasgow in 1991 (i think) around the time he signed for Celtic. he was out shopping and signed the book i just bought - "Agent Arthurs Jungle Journey". i was 9. It was my dad that recognised him, no Celts recognised him as their new star striker...

My mate Paul saw a badly disguised Andy Townsend on Portmarnock beach back in 1990 after the world cup and went over to ask for an autograph, Andy told him to "fuck off" my mate was 11 at the time and still hates him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back