Merry Christmas 2022 Everyone (1 Viewer)

Someone posted the best forgotten 1989 Band Aid 2 version of Do they know it's Christmas. Fascinating to read the list of contributors, many of whom quickly faded into obscurity.
I was surprised to see there were so many other versions of it over the years.
Band Aid 20 from 2004 featured Justin Hawkins from The Darkness. I still think of them as a new band.
I'd completely forgotten about the 2014 one, released in response to the ebola virus crisis.

Someone posted the best forgotten 1989 Band Aid 2 version of Do they know it's Christmas. Fascinating to read the list of contributors, many of whom quickly faded into obscurity.
Band Aid 20 from 2004 featured Justin Hawkins from The Darkness. I still think of them as a new band.
I'd completely forgotten about the 2014 one, released in response to the ebola virus crisis.

I've been looking for a copy of the Canadian version Northern Lights to add to my Neil Young collection for years. Now I really want it after I read this:
At one point during the recording process, Foster also had Neil Young re-record his line after singing the word "innocence" flat, to which Young famously quipped, "That's my sound, man."

In case anyone else is put off by this being sold out on the Arnotts site, we went in at lunchtime yesterday with no booking and were shepherded straight in to see the big man. There were maybe three or four other families there during the 15 minutes or so that we were in. To be honest it’s probably better with the anticipation that builds up with a little bit of queuing but I’m not complaining - better than the three hours you’d have to wait a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back