Meeting People (1 Viewer)

I get that, but you are rarely a very close friend with a regular hook up without it ending in disaster.
Friends with benefits are usually someone in your general friend circle that you wouldn’t normally hang out with one on one. The exception being to have sex.
If you’re being monogamous for a few weeks/months you’re still intending on sleeping with other people when pub and clubs open up and have no long term intentions for each other.
sigh. Fine @riath, fine. FINE.

Latest observations - this one made me lol

A person who has put the link up on their bio to what sink they want you to fit in their kitchen.

Meanwhile - I'm sort a both of these things:

1629465607218.png

Other than that

A fair few pretty outwardly looking for you to declare road frontage/property portfolio - that's kinda running joke people make on twitter, but has been a feature of dating sites as long as i've been on them.

a feature as a knowing joke?

my wife vaguely knows someone who dumped her boyfriend of six months once it became clear he wasn't going to inherit land it was thought he would inherit (some tale involving an uncle who *did* have kids after all)

A fair few pretty outwardly looking for you to declare road frontage/property portfolio - that's kinda running joke people make on twitter, but has been a feature of dating sites as long as i've been on them.
I guess if that's what people care about then it's a good signal for you to avoid them? Sometimes I write fantasy dating profiles for myself in my head while I'm driving, and daydream about how wow-ed women would be if they read them. Unless something goes badly wrong in my life I'll never have to find out how realistic those daydreams are, which is great for allowing my imagination free rein

I guess if that's what people care about then it's a good signal for you to avoid them? Sometimes I write fantasy dating profiles for myself in my head while I'm driving, and daydream about how wow-ed women would be if they read them. Unless something goes badly wrong in my life I'll never have to find out how realistic those daydreams are, which is great for allowing my imagination free rein

Oh yeah I wouldn't swipe on any of those, wether its presented seriously or jokingly its a pretty reductive approach to an introduction. Having gone on a billion unsuccessful dates i've found the least interesting thing for me is to spend an hour drinking coffee being asked in subtle ways what I earn and what I own - I can just go to job interviews for that. You are not the first lad I know in a solid relationship who enjoys the imagined versions of dating sites either, i talked him through about 2-3 dates i was on and he never asked again.

has anyone ever put a fake OTT profile on a dating website:
picture of ridiculously attractive person, you speak multiple (obscure) languages, have degrees from Oxford, Sorbonne and Harvard or whatever.
would be a laugh to see who it attracted interest from.

a friend was visiting me in July. she turned on tinder on her phone to see who would come up.
I had never seen a dating app before so not many came up in a small village but the first guy I knew -
nice guy but not someone you would want to be in a relationship with.

I always thought this thread was a bit of laugh.
'Meeting People' to me is:
having people tolerate me talking about The 1986 FIFA World Cup or 1987 Tour de France and not telling me to shut up straight away.
or meet someone lad at a gig who likes bands that no one else I ever met likes and wants to talk about them for 20 minutes.
true bliss

has anyone ever put a fake OTT profile on a dating website:
picture of ridiculously attractive person, you speak multiple (obscure) languages, have degrees from Oxford, Sorbonne and Harvard or whatever.
would be a laugh to see who it attracted interest from.
I know two women who are in solid relationships who keep accounts of variable anonymity (1 is just them, the other is a fake) for basically gossip and keeping an eye on friends partners.

I just come to this thread when I get bored of online dating apparently.

Just going to be straight to the point ..non vaxed female looking for a non vaxed Male Interested in manly men that can think for themselves and are aware of the biggest Py Op in history taking place. I'm interested in freedom and the future for our planet. Not intested in masked men who are to in their ego and cognitive dissonance to figure out what's really going on. We are well past that..hope to meet someone like minded ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back