Medical expenses-claiming tax back (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Is it easy to claim tax back on medical expenses?

I had a look on the ros site earlier but just found links to forms.

What is the procedure?

Do I gather all my receipts , add up the total, and send them all in a big envelope?

Seems a bit archaic..

Is it easy to claim tax back on medical expenses?

I had a look on the ros site earlier but just found links to forms.

What is the procedure?

Do I gather all my receipts , add up the total, and send them all in a big envelope?

Seems a bit archaic..

I think that's about it yeah

really? So someone will actually take the time to go through all my scraps of paper?

If your only source of income is through employment i.e. like a normal person, not someone who lives off rent etc. do this:

Go on to the revenue website and register to use "myaccount". You will get a pin code sent out in the post.

Once you have that, log in and you'll see your last few years that you can claim stuff for. It will go back to 2013 at the minute. Each year will show how much you were paid etc. 2016 might not be up and populated yet.

Click into the year you are claiming for and click to add medical expenses, add your figure and submit.

In a couple of days you will either get a letter telling you how much money you are getting back, or notification that you have been selected for verification ie have to send in confirmation. There is only a small chance of that, but keep your receipts.

if you're self employed then I don't know.
Include the figure in your self assessment tax return form at the end of the year?

I only did this last night. If you were registered in the old PAYE Online site, you can log into the new myrevenue system. Else, get registered. It's a bit more convoluted in the new system I found.

If your only source of income is through employment i.e. like a normal person, not someone who lives off rent etc. do this:

Go on to the revenue website and register to use "myaccount". You will get a pin code sent out in the post.

Once you have that, log in and you'll see your last few years that you can claim stuff for. It will go back to 2013 at the minute. Each year will show how much you were paid etc. 2016 might not be up and populated yet.

Click into the year you are claiming for and click to add medical expenses, add your figure and submit.

In a couple of days you will either get a letter telling you how much money you are getting back, or notification that you have been selected for verification ie have to send in confirmation. There is only a small chance of that, but keep your receipts.

if you're self employed then I don't know.
Include the figure in your self assessment tax return form at the end of the year?
This is great!Thanks

I have some sums to do when I get home

I logged into my account on ros.ie there for the first time in my life - I want to claim back tax for 2013 to 2016 but there's no "Claim back tax" link. I went to "Review your tax 2013-2016 (including Form 12)" link under PAYE Services and then filled in form 12 for each year using the pre-populated data. Did I do it right? Do I just sit back and wait for the free money now?

I logged into my account on ros.ie there for the first time in my life - I want to claim back tax for 2013 to 2016 but there's no "Claim back tax" link. I went to "Review your tax 2013-2016 (including Form 12)" link under PAYE Services and then filled in form 12 for each year using the pre-populated data. Did I do it right? Do I just sit back and wait for the free money now?
Did you file a Form 12 or just request a review? Either way pretty sure the Form 12 triggers a review. Remember requesting a review could just as easily result in an underpayment as well as an overpayment i.e. you owing money.

Did you file a Form 12 or just request a review? Either way pretty sure the Form 12 triggers a review. Remember requesting a review could just as easily result in an underpayment as well as an overpayment i.e. you owing money.

About 7 years ago I owed them a whopping 25c.
Cunts sent me a letter to tell me too, which of course cost more than I owe them. Dsopz

Yes the filing of form 12 should trigger the review and issue the p21 on it. So this will include the medical expenses claim.

I think they made it more difficult for PAYE workers on this regard

About 7 years ago I owed them a whopping 25c.
Cunts sent me a letter to tell me too, which of course cost more than I owe them. Dsopz

I pay a personal pension outside of my employment so I have to send the statement of pension payment for the tear to revenue to claim the tax. This year, the person who looked at it, reissued every years p21s from 2013 - 2016. The reissued 2013 and 2014 were incorrect so I had to write and tell them why it was incorrect. To which they reissued 2013 - 2016 again some weeks later (maybe 4 or 5 weeks) and the phone call I received wasn't from my local revenue office.

And then I also had to organise the repayment of the tax to them that I was overpaid originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back