Media Pluralism (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This got me thinking about media pluralism in Ireland, there's very little information on that topic, I found one site that investigates the matter in EU member states but, despite their making reports they don't seem to make them available to the public. I emailed them asking for access to the Irish report only to be told I can't access it and how did I find the web address. It seems absurd that they're reporting on matters that are, in their own words "essential foundations of democratic societies" yet they won't pass this information on to the public.
Anyway, I just wanted to rant about that, back to the GE.

This got me thinking about media pluralism in Ireland, there's very little information on that topic, I found one site that investigates the matter in EU member states but, despite their making reports they don't seem to make them available to the public. I emailed them asking for access to the Irish report only to be told I can't access it and how did I find the web address. It seems absurd that they're reporting on matters that are, in their own words "essential foundations of democratic societies" yet they won't pass this information on to the public.
Anyway, I just wanted to rant about that, back to the GE.

And going back to this, the report is to be released soon, RTE had a short piece on it this morning, Ireland is 'high risk level' as regards concentration of media, with both INM and RTE itself coming in for criticism.

And going back to this, the report is to be released soon, RTE had a short piece on it this morning, Ireland is 'high risk level' as regards concentration of media, with both INM and RTE itself coming in for criticism.
D'ye have any link to info about this? I assume they can't/won't do anything about it but nice to see it pointed out formally.

I have never heard of google so any help would be great here.

D'ye have any link to info about this? I assume they can't/won't do anything about it but nice to see it pointed out formally.

I have never heard of google so any help would be great here.

What Nooly said.
They did bring in a bill a year or two back forbidding the concentration of media ownership but, due to constitutional concerns, it couldn't be applied retroactively, so locking in Do'Bs little empire.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is interesting with regard to coverage of the GE just passed.

Yada, yada, yada... I found one site that investigates the matter in EU member states but, despite their making reports they don't seem to make them available to the public.... yada, yada, yada

So they finally published their report

Ireland

It's ok I guess, we should be concerned about Social Inclusiveness, Concentration of Ownership and Political Independence.

Relatedly - newsocracy 2016 | Nessa Childers MEP should be interesting.

well, this is certainly kicking off. so leslie buckley, a man with a good taste in friends, ordered/arranged the removal of 'IT backup tapes' from INM, which have been made available to third parties for analysis. the whys/wherefores/implications are keeping twitter going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back