May the 4th of July be with you (1 Viewer)

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
For the day that's in it, I'm sure you'll all join me in celebrating that greatest of human achievements, the United States of America.
From inventions such as the gas-powered automobile, to manned flight all the way to organ transplants and moon landings, America (as we like to call her) has pushed the boundaries of what mankind is capable of.
She has enabled our noble species to explore inner space by mapping the genome and has taken us beyond our solar system into interstellar space.
Cultural achievements stacking up by the plenty (Rock n roll, hip-hop, jazz, the movie industry - you're welcome, world!), exporting of all manner of civil rights, she continues to be the cutting edge of what we can hope to be.
Plenty of other countries had the resources, plenty had the population, but what America had in abundance was good people of desire, of commitment, of good old-fashioned sticktoitiveness. She never had an empire, and she never wanted one; exceptionalism was her game.
What she did have was the best of us all. Germans by the bushel, Russians by the horde, Irish by the boatload, Mexicans, Italians, Chinese, Africans and so many more great peoples. We even had a few Brits trying to ruin the whole deal, even that couldn't stop us.
But what we had mostly was people that looked at their own misbegotten, broken, class-ridden countries and said to themselves 'Fuck this noise'
The slackers, the arguers, the dividers, the moaners all stayed home. The winners came.

So raise a glass with me, to America, that she may ever be like a shining city on a hill.. (sorry, I promised myself that I wouldn't cry).....God bless these United States of America!

The Americans did not invent the 'gas' powered auto mobile. I wish people would stop saying that.

They can have punk, but not the car.

They didn't single handedly map the human genome either. It was an international collaboration with its centre based in the US but the work was done worldwide.

They didn't single handedly map the human genome either. It was an international collaboration with its centre based in the US but the work was done worldwide.
I'm pretty sure the Americans ran the show. Otherwise the French scientists would have been hitting on the German scientists' other halves, the Italians would have been knocking off for a half day at every turn.
It took the steady hand of Uncle Sam to steady the ship.

I'm pretty sure the Americans ran the show. Otherwise the French scientists would have been hitting on the German scientists' other halves, the Italians would have been knocking off for a half day at every turn.
It took the steady hand of Uncle Sam to steady the ship.
Because French and German science did so poorly before the US got them together?

usa___haters_gonna___hate_by_alternatehistory-d5n82ap.png

Liberté, égalité, USA USA USA USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back