maths (1 Viewer)

It's a quadratic equation. Are you trying to solve for x?

If so f(x) = x2 - 4x -3

(x-4)(x+1) = 0
x-4 =0 x+1 = 0
x = 4 or x = -1

NERD

Hey everyone, did you get a load of that nerd?

EDIT - Actually, from this example I know remember how to do these. Now I am the nerd.

We all post on internet message boards which probably makes us all nerds. I gotta do harder stuff for my course (Oceanography and Computing).

It's a quadratic equation. Are you trying to solve for x?

If so f(x) = x2 - 4x -3

(x-4)(x+1) = 0
x-4 =0 x+1 = 0
x = 4 or x = -1

Impeccable. Anyone want to do this one?

(1) The mass of the Sun is​
MS = 2.00×1030 kg and its radius is RS = 6.95×108 m. The mass of the Earth is ME = 5.98 × 1024 kg and its radius is RE = 6.37 × 106 m. The distance between the Sun and the Earth is 1.50 × 1011 m.

(a) How far is the centre of mass of the Sun–Earth system from the centre of the Sun? What is this distance as a fraction of the radius of the Sun?

(b) What is the moment of inertia of the Earth for its motion around the Sun? (Treat the Earth here as a “particle.”)

(c) What is the moment of inertia of the Earth for its rotation about its own axis each day? (Treat the Earth here like a solid sphere.)

Impeccable. Anyone want to do this one?

(1) The mass of the Sun is​
MS = 2.00×1030 kg and its radius is RS = 6.95×108 m. The mass of the Earth is ME = 5.98 × 1024 kg and its radius is RE = 6.37 × 106 m. The distance between the Sun and the Earth is 1.50 × 1011 m.

(a) How far is the centre of mass of the Sun–Earth system from the centre of the Sun? What is this distance as a fraction of the radius of the Sun?

(b) What is the moment of inertia of the Earth for its motion around the Sun? (Treat the Earth here as a “particle.”)

(c) What is the moment of inertia of the Earth for its rotation about its own axis each day? (Treat the Earth here like a solid sphere.)

That would take some effort. But 449 km is the answer for the first question.

If you're going to die for anything, it might as well be beans. Oh and thanks, Moose! I suppose I should actually do my physics problem set myself from now on though.

If you're going to die for anything, it might as well be beans. Oh and thanks, Moose! I suppose I should actually do my physics problem set myself from now on though.

Wikipedia's your man for stuff like that. I just looked the answers on the net to be honest. Don't really know much about the Sun myself the Oceans are more my thing.

Wikipedia's your man for stuff like that. I just looked the answers on the net to be honest. Don't really know much about the Sun myself the Oceans are more my thing.

What if some time in the future you have to find out the effects of beans falling into the Oceans and then being superheated by the Sun, covering the surface of the sea in bloated beans and in turn affecting blue/green algae, antartic krill and the food chain of the earths oceans. What then? You really should learn more about beans and the sun for god's sake.

What if some time in the future you have to find out the effects of beans falling into the Oceans and then being superheated by the Sun, covering the surface of the sea in bloated beans and in turn affecting blue/green algae, antartic krill and the food chain of the earths oceans. What then? You really should learn more about beans and the sun for god's sake.

You can't learn everything, at least I can't anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back