Marina & the Diamonds (1 Viewer)

Seems she's not as popular as you thought so you can go back to liking her again

fine jubblies on her wha'?

here you go cinnamonboy, the closest I could get without reposting the old ones from the horn thread

pic17.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

oh, and lest we forget

pic27.jpg

Obviously you have to accept that it's pop music in the year 2010 or you're a lost cause.

in keeping with this new spirit of us all discussing things more i decided to listen to this album today. do kids in 2010 listen to albums like this all the way through or are you really just meant to buy it and then just watch the videos on top of the pops or, even better, on youtube or on the tv in the canteen? i didnt know what to make of it really, im tired of autotuned vocals. i liked the robot song though. by the end of the album i was a little bit won over but i doubt i'll ever listen again.

most reviews say Kate Bush, Lene Lovich, Kate Nash and yeah, Toyah. Which probably says more about the reviewers than anything else. I got into her because Mowgli's Road reminded me of Fiona Apple. Since we're never gonna get a new Fiona Apple album this century I had to find something....

i kept thinking 4 non blondes and that "i wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair" tune.

I have the exact same leotard!

From what I have heard, one must give her an overwhelming view of "meh" about her. If "her sound" is based on what others before her have done, then my interest is already lost. And while we're at it, she's hardly that great looking either to be honest. Sorry if that sounds bitchy, but those folk at the song factory must work harder.
Now go back to your pointless jobs and let's forget about this little foray into "art".

Leigh

in keeping with this new spirit of us all discussing things more i decided to listen to this album today. do kids in 2010 listen to albums like this all the way through or are you really just meant to buy it and then just watch the videos on top of the pops or, even better, on youtube or on the tv in the canteen? i didnt know what to make of it really, im tired of autotuned vocals. i liked the robot song though. by the end of the album i was a little bit won over but i doubt i'll ever listen again.

the autotune is very weird on the album, like it's only used on the backing vocals or something, it's hardly Akon though. I don't really understand why they felt it was necessary to autotune at all

"i wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair" tune.
Well yeah, in the same way the Sex Pistols sound like the Clash and the Beatles sound like the Rolling Stones

From what I have heard, one must give her an overwhelming view of "meh" about her. If "her sound" is based on what others before her have done, then my interest is already lost. And while we're at it, she's hardly that great looking either to be honest. Sorry if that sounds bitchy, but those folk at the song factory must work harder.
Now go back to your pointless jobs and let's forget about this little foray into "art".

Leigh

thanks Leigh, very insightful

in fairness she looks like Darling Buds Of May era CZJ

The acoustic version of the hit isn't bad although your wan's voice is a bit too stagey or something. Kinda head wrecking.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's absolutely awful stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back