Major Pleasures (17 Viewers)

A while back I made a playlist of all ten songs up for song of the year in the choice music prize. Amazed that one didn't exist already.
Anyway, a few weeks ago I caught a news story on the winner. I didn't play that stupid playlist once.

my HI-fi speaker cables finally came on Wednesday.
the first lot I ordered from an Irish shop in January never came and they never answered my email so I ordered some more off ebay which took less than two weeks to come.

anyway I can now listen to records for the first time since January.

BUT... there's a problem with amp and only one of the 4 speaker terminals is working. both speakers and the cables are OK but no matter what I did I couldn't get a second speaker to work.
anyway one speaker is a lot better than none.

I got in a real good mood earlier today hearing about people getting vaccinated, which has lead me to a path of ordering a guitar 5 minute ago. Fuck it.

I just moved into a gaff with insulation.

Lads, I'm not even taking the piss here, life is amazing when you're not fucking freezing all the time. I've never really been cold continuously for months, and I sort of low key took the piss out of people who complained about the cold. But being cold all the fucking time isn't fun at all.

Like, my body hurt. All the joints I'd broken hurt, my hands hurt, my feet hurt. I'd try to get into the sea every day in March to KICK SHIT UP A NOTCH, and I'd be warm from that for maybe an hour, and back to freezing. Do some work, and then jumping squats and pressups until I felt a bit weak, and be warm for another 30 minutes.

It's amazing, life changingly amazing, to not be in a constant state of cold. The whole time over the last while I've been whining like an annoying fuck about being cold, I've been thinking about how homeless people would have this only worse. I'm going to figure out how to give homeless people shit to keep them warm from now on. I'd thought about "oh yeah, must be shit to be cold if you're homeless" before, but not realised how shit. It's really shit.

So yeah, insulated gaffs make life better.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Unicron
  • Deadmanposting
  • dudley
  • Anthony
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back