Major Pleasures (4 Viewers)

I think I might have just accidentally found out the best string type combination to use on my violin because I had to change just one of them and used a different type of string I hadn't tried there before, and now it seems to be actually making the other strings sound better too. The whole tone if the instrument has been dampened just a little bit which was exactly what it needed.

The kid came out to me a few days ago. Not the biggest surprise in the world but if was nice that she knew she could talk to me.
I’ve told Hives, my sister and two brothers (she asked me to) and every one of them said “I’m happy for her. Should we get a cake?”.
I don’t know if that means I have a decent family, or if everyone just likes cake.

Anyway @Jill Hives is currently baking, so life is very good right now.

The kid came out to me a few days ago. Not the biggest surprise in the world but if was nice that she knew she could talk to me.
I’ve told Hives, my sister and two brothers (she asked me to) and every one of them said “I’m happy for her. Should we get a cake?”.
I don’t know if that means I have a decent family, or if everyone just likes cake.

Anyway @Jill Hives is currently baking, so life is very good right now.
cake, deffo

did you have 100 pounds to lose? You never looked to me like you carried much excess weight

I think so. I've still got a tummy I'd like to lose more from so I'm not rail thin at the moment.

The clock on the 100 pounds starts prior to us meeting so you wouldn't have seen me at 21 stone plus. I lost the last 40-45 since around February.

I think so. I've still got a tummy I'd like to lose more from so I'm not rail thin at the moment.

The clock on the 100 pounds starts prior to us meeting so you wouldn't have seen me at 21 stone plus. I lost the last 40-45 since around February.
whatever year Jape played that New Year's gig in Whelans - that was the first time we met. You were hammered and I was dying of the covid!

It took me a few seconds to recognise you last time I saw you @Unicron. I don’t even know if that was this year anymore.
Seriously well done.

It took me a few seconds to recognise you last time I saw you @Unicron. I don’t even know if that was this year anymore.
Seriously well done.

Whatever was more recent, the Owen Ashwroth gig in the Soundhouse or the GBV/Hugh's 40th in Jan of last year was the last time we saw each other I think.

Holy crap that was January year!
Off to the “you know you’re getting old thread” with me ...

I think I might have just accidentally found out the best string type combination to use on my violin because I had to change just one of them and used a different type of string I hadn't tried there before, and now it seems to be actually making the other strings sound better too. The whole tone if the instrument has been dampened just a little bit which was exactly what it needed.

Synthetic core?
Swapped my bridge with a pickup(that I'd cut for a different violin originally) out for the original,much higher bridge this week and it absolutely sings now.

Synthetic core?
Swapped my bridge with a pickup(that I'd cut for a different violin originally) out for the original,much higher bridge this week and it absolutely sings now.

Obligato G string, actually not sure what material it is, but it has a darker tone than the dominants. The other strings are all dominants, and it's like the Obligato has made them a little bit duller which is what the instrument needed, because the E string in particular was always too bright before; I tried different E combinations before and most of them only made it worse, so went back to the dominants again.

I have to go on about my vision again. Walking around with double vision has been a fucking nightmare. I was blind in one eye for a time a couple of years ago and that was nowhere near as bad as this has been. it's been very debilitating and has had a big effect on my mental wellbeing although I've just tried my best to plough through it. So anyway, it's been almost completely gone the last week or so and I've been able to watch TV with subtitles again and I'm watching The Bridge because I've never seen it and it's deadly! And I keep singing the lyrics of Baggy Trousers to the theme tune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back