Major Pleasures (12 Viewers)

It's been a couple of months since anyone told me what a joy children are and that I should have some

In fairness to the parents I know, they are crawling the walls and going insane at the hands of their progeny

Still, it's been a nice break
Spare a thought for those of us currently being denied access to our kids, using the virus as an excuse, and for the kids being denied access to their non-resident parent, usually their dad. I've seen mine for 6 hours in the last 5 weeks.

Are you even getting to video call them?

( I dont mean that in a belittling way,more to highlight that some may not even be getting that opportunity either)

Spare a thought for those of us currently being denied access to our kids, using the virus as an excuse, and for the kids being denied access to their non-resident parent, usually their dad. I've seen mine for 6 hours in the last 5 weeks.
That really sucks, I'm sorry

I was mostly gloating about my satisfaction with my life choices - which is in poor taste anyways

But I have a friend with a special needs kid, and it sounds like absolute hell what they are going through
The child is big enough to do the parents physical harm, and it is a 14 hour daily battle.

So I do get the other side.
Hope you see your kids soon.

That really sucks, I'm sorry

I was mostly gloating about my satisfaction with my life choices - which is in poor taste anyways

But I have a friend with a special needs kid, and it sounds like absolute hell what they are going through
The child is big enough to do the parents physical harm, and it is a 14 hour daily battle.

So I do get the other side.
Hope you see your kids soon.
Thanks.

There's a huge unreported side to the virus, regarding parental access, child welfare, etc. I know someone who works in child protection and reporting is down despite the belief that incidents are up because many of the usual channels, e.g. schools, aren't able to raise concerns.

Courts are only hearing emergency cases and in my case - voluntary Undertaking in lieu of Access and Maintenance Orders - it falls way below the threshold for court intervention.

Are you even getting to video call them?

( I dont mean that in a belittling way,more to highlight that some may not even be getting that opportunity either)
Yeah, still getting video calls, which I've always had, but that's like telling a starving man to watch Masterchef. No substitute for personal contact. I fully appreciate there are people in worse situations than mine. Parental alienation is a shitty tactic.

Sorry to hear all this, it’s a really shitty situation.
Do you have an access order? I thought that once you had that, lock down or not you still had a right to see your kids.

Sorry to hear all this, it’s a really shitty situation.
Do you have an access order? I thought that once you had that, lock down or not you still had a right to see your kids.
No, just a voluntary Undertaking covering access and maintenance, drafted by my ex and sworn by me in court, so there are no sanctions for her ongoing breaches but if I breach, it's contempt of court.

I know it’s not possible right now but when things get some level or normality back, is it possible to amend it?
I’ve a friend going through something similar at the moment, and you crossed my mind. I was hoping that this situation might have meant more access because the kids wouldnt be in school but I guess not.

Yeah, still getting video calls, which I've always had, but that's like telling a starving man to watch Masterchef. No substitute for personal contact. I fully appreciate there are people in worse situations than mine. Parental alienation is a shitty tactic.

I know it's not the same but I'm glad you are getting that. Hopefully the kids get something out of it too. Especially in the long run. You'll be owed a hell of a hug.

I know it’s not possible right now but when things get some level or normality back, is it possible to amend it?
I’ve a friend going through something similar at the moment, and you crossed my mind. I was hoping that this situation might have meant more access because the kids wouldnt be in school but I guess not.
I've proposed mediation to resolve the impasse. Failing that I can apply for an emergency Access Order but it's up to the court whether they'll even hear it. Longer term is Judicial Separation when everything gets set in stone.

These #TimsTwitterListeningParty's are really lovely. I'm only dipping in and out, like a normal person. A lot of britpop stuff, which, you know, you'll like or not. The It Girl is coming up next Sunday @Lili Marlene They are a great way to spend some time with a couple of beers.

I worry tim burgesss life is getting taken over by them.

Missed the start of Midlake tonight, so starting it again. Belle and Sebastian tomorrow and Teenage Fanclub on Tuesday.

These #TimsTwitterListeningParty's are really lovely. I'm only dipping in and out, like a normal person. A lot of britpop stuff, which, you know, you'll like or not. The It Girl is coming up next Sunday @Lili Marlene They are a great way to spend some time with a couple of beers.

I worry tim burgesss life is getting taken over by them.

Missed the start of Midlake tonight, so starting it again. Belle and Sebastian tomorrow and Teenage Fanclub on Tuesday.
I’m following them but not listening to the albums. He seems like a genuinely sound guy. Great thing to be doing during lockdown

One of my major pleasures is being able to come to Thumped and read the usual rubbish from the same old pricks during all this shite. It has been a steady constant. Kudos to Pete, who is helping people more than he probably knows.

I’m following them but not listening to the albums. He seems like a genuinely sound guy. Great thing to be doing during lockdown
I've been a huge charlatans fan forever (pun intended) and he's always been sound. Even through his drugz days in LA he'd always be on the charlatans message boards interacting with people like a decent skin.

Hes been doing these listening parties for a while now. Even did a couple in his autobiography. He is genuinely just obsessed with music. I thought his second book was lovely, just asking famous people to pick, and talk about an album they loved. Shouldn't have worked as a concept, but it did.

I'm glad he's getting the following he is now. And the buy-in he's getting from bands is incredible. There's really something for everyone. 4 of my favourite albums of all-time have already been featured, and its so utterly pleasant to read the band feedback, live, while you're listening. Jem Finer from the Pogues was particularly great.

I've been a huge charlatans fan forever (pun intended) and he's always been sound. Even through his drugz days in LA he'd always be on the charlatans message boards interacting with people like a decent skin.

Hes been doing these listening parties for a while now. Even did a couple in his autobiography. He is genuinely just obsessed with music. I thought his second book was lovely, just asking famous people to pick, and talk about an album they loved. Shouldn't have worked as a concept, but it did.

I'm glad he's getting the following he is now. And the buy-in he's getting from bands is incredible. There's really something for everyone. 4 of my favourite albums of all-time have already been featured, and its so utterly pleasant to read the band feedback, live, while you're listening. Jem Finer from the Pogues was particularly great.
I had a few charlatans albums back in the day. They're fine for what they are. I'd written them off as an ok-ish Britpop band and I was wondering why TB was held in such regard by all these cooler than thou alternative musicians like Ariel Pink and Kurt Wagner and such. I guess it's cos he's a sound lad with a love of music. Terrible hair though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Anthony
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back