Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

I did a bit of travel out foreign for work a few years back and it was great at first, but the novelty soon wore off... started even before the end of the first trip. Too lonely :confused:. I think I need people to share the experience with. Also the fact that I was getting to go to some amazing places but not actually having any free time to see them properly didn’t help.
I was in the US (Atlanta) for 10 days in November, arrived home to an extraordinarily dark, gloomy and wet winter's day ... and I just couldn't keep the smile off my face because I was SO FUCKING HAPPY to be back

Also - in my job there's an All-Hands thing in San Fransisco every Jan, and last year I had a free day before it started so I went to visit the Museum of Modern Art. Had a nice time pottering about until I got to the 3 floor, and realised I'd been in the place before, the previous Jan, and had forgotten all about it. It seems, somehow, that I find it harder to remember things if I haven't shared them with someone else

I really enjoy the solo travel because I'm a pretty introverted person and don't often get the recharge time that being on my own allows. I love the opportunity to not talk to anyone aside from service folks for a few days, helps me feel more creative and I get a lot of photographing and writing done. But yes, generally speking, I love experiencing things with other people. Its probably and and instead of an or.

Thank you for your thoughts - these are always difficult times for me; I am stridently pro-happiness and implacably against marriage
The best thing about being married is you can say "my wife". Saying "my girlfriend" when you're my age makes everyone think you ditched your wife and went off with some young one

The best thing about being married is you can say "my wife". Saying "my girlfriend" when you're my age makes everyone think you ditched your wife and went off with some young one
It's a Liddle more age-appropriate alright

I like the ring - and inherent intrigue - of "my ex"

I got really excited about getting married so I wouldn't have to say Fiance anymore. I found it a really awkward word to say and I always felt like a gobshite saying it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back