Major Pleasures (8 Viewers)

I'm just now thinking about general bile against America(ns), and how poorly they understand it, and how ripe the time is for a twitter shitstorm about Yank Privilege, and maybe a corresponding #NotAllAmericans backlash, and how maybe that's the thing that'll finally put twitter out of its misery

Hold on the English media have been making a meal out of Megan you can hardly say that Harry isint going to be pissed off about that. He probably holds a grudge since childhood against certain news outlets and even blames them for the death of his mother. Subsequently his mourning her death as a child also became a part of the news round. The idea is maybe to step out of that Circus but hardly one that is going to be new to him.
Can't I have Megan destroying the monarchy while being a manipulative schemer at the same time?
Can't I have the world align with my views just one time?

I'd say they all think about what life would be like if they didn't have their birth obligations.

Only Mrs. Simpson's husband has managed to do it before - cherchez la femme

Well, and Andrew. Heh.

Last edited:
this is still suggesting that this woman manipulated the vulnerable man

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not being a royalist myself I have only seen one episode of The Crown, and only learned of the latest kerfuffle after looking up 'royal brexit' after reading this thread and so really have no clue about What's Going On Here, but c'mere ... when you say "racism" do you mean the Brits don't like her cos her Ma is black, or cos she's a Yank? Or both?
I watched two episodes of the Crown and fucking hated it; I mean Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth - there's generous casting and then there's just plain ridiculous. But the girlfriend liked it. Yet she keeps giving me shit about being "obsessed" with the royals as I'm reading the Wolf Hall books. I shouldn't have let on it got a rise out of me, doomed to much more of it I fear.

Well... I mean I suppose it's a similar context as Beyonce... is it just being a buzzkill to point out that the whole QUEEN BEYONCE thing is possibly, maybe, a little unnerving rather than fun considering the history of royalty and slavery and the conditions of, eg. the people actually working on her clothing line...

HOW DARE YOU POINT OUT SALIENT FACTS!?!?!?

also 'her' 'music' is shit

Well... I mean I suppose it's a similar context as Beyonce... is it just being a buzzkill to point out that the whole QUEEN BEYONCE thing is possibly, maybe, a little unnerving rather than fun considering the history of royalty and slavery and the conditions of, eg. the people actually working on her clothing line...

or is it just people trying to get through their day already and they would happily not stan beyonce if the entire system could be torn down, give them a break already.

I dunno, probably a bit of both, the US presidential race is already treated like they are voting in a dictator.

Pretty sure African queens long existed before euro ones

Pretty sure African queens long existed before euro ones
well... I mean, I think our understanding of what royalty is and how it works is likely western-centric but ok, when all those stans call her queen Beyonce perhaps they are making specific reference to a form of historic or current royalty somewhere in Africa that is all cool and i'm just ignorant, IDK.

THis may be the Mulany clip referred to earlier

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's it. The other one is a bit longer with more girlfriend benefits.

He portrays the whole situation as beneficial.
He's completely missing the dark side to her controlling behaviour though.
And sans time machine, it is too late for me to warn him.

Booked myself a small wee weekend trip to Glasgow for March in the Ryanair Sale. Going to go solo. Love solo travelling but don't get much of an opportunity when you're in a long term relationship, because as wonderful as solo travel is its always lovely to travel together, so you rarely get an opportunity.

haven't been to Glasgow as an adult, my Dad as a big Celtic fan brought us a lot as kids, but I'd say I've not been ssince I was about 11 or 12, so no real memory of the place. Seemed like a nice spot for a solo traveller who just wants to walk around and eat vegan food and see some art.

I actually don't think I've ever travelled anywhere solo

I actually don't think I've ever travelled anywhere solo

Its only really something I started to do a lot because of business travel, and I took a liking to the mental space it can give you. This will be my frist time going on a "for pleasure" little trip alone where I wasn't meeting someone at some point, or picking the city for a specific event.

well... I mean, I think our understanding of what royalty is and how it works is likely western-centric but ok, when all those stans call her queen Beyonce perhaps they are making specific reference to a form of historic or current royalty somewhere in Africa that is all cool and i'm just ignorant, IDK.

Yeah it would akin to Giving out that black people calling each other the N word. Not our call as privileged white bois

Users who are viewing this thread

• ernesto
  • Jerry Twig
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back