Major Pleasures (5 Viewers)

yeah he's great. in particular techmoan is the place for finding out about old audio equipment before you buy or do repairs.
very entertaining channel. his voice is cool too but funnily on earlier videos
he sounds markedly less confident than now.

Finally retired my 10 y/o soundcard and put windows 10 on the DAW. I shoulda done it in 2015. Well..2017 anyway.Smooth af

FEELS GOOD MAN

Tuesday was the 2 year anniversary of something very sad happening in my life. I mentioned it at the time, some of you might remember, it doesn't matter if you do or don't.

I was aware that it was around this time of year but on Sunday I was looking at my instagram notifications and I got one of those "look at your photo from 2 years ago" and it was a picture I'd taken 2 days before the thing happened and it was back in focus for me. Previously if I'd been confronted with that out of the blue I'm pretty sure that I'd have been sent off the deep end and in a pretty aggravated state for most of the day at least.

On Sunday though, and again on Tuesday, I was able to acknowledge that it was a very tragic thing that happened, something that I'll probably always carry the sadness from with me to some degree, and take a moment to sit with it and then let it go. I didn't lose the head, I didn't go into the other mode I might have ("I'm fine. I'm Fine! I SAID I'M FINE!!!"). Therapy might not work for everyone but it sure as shit works for me.

Tuesday was the 2 year anniversary of something very sad happening in my life. I mentioned it at the time, some of you might remember, it doesn't matter if you do or don't.

I was aware that it was around this time of year but on Sunday I was looking at my instagram notifications and I got one of those "look at your photo from 2 years ago" and it was a picture I'd taken 2 days before the thing happened and it was back in focus for me. Previously if I'd been confronted with that out of the blue I'm pretty sure that I'd have been sent off the deep end and in a pretty aggravated state for most of the day at least.

On Sunday though, and again on Tuesday, I was able to acknowledge that it was a very tragic thing that happened, something that I'll probably always carry the sadness from with me to some degree, and take a moment to sit with it and then let it go. I didn't lose the head, I didn't go into the other mode I might have ("I'm fine. I'm Fine! I SAID I'M FINE!!!"). Therapy might not work for everyone but it sure as shit works for me.
I can't believe that's two years. You're an absolute shining light, man. Delighted to read that post.

I can't believe that's two years.

It sneaks up on you.

You're an absolute shining light, man. Delighted to read that post.

Thanks very much. Compared to some people impacted by it I was more of a bystander, I did think about the other folks involved in recent days, I hope they were ok and got through the day without too much upset.

Absolutely ridiculous amount of harmonies going on this number.

New mic ,new preamp...new OS..extensive acoustic treatment ...small compression.

Doing my best to go hifi

Gaz, check out these shows
https://soundcloud.com/theklossessions
I guy breaks down popular songs isolating stems. It would be better without the American radio show format but there's gold in there.
Biggest thing I take out of this is the amount of effects on vocals that you don't hear. Check out Hot For Teacher and the amount of delay on DLR's vocals!

Gaz, check out these shows
https://soundcloud.com/theklossessions
I guy breaks down popular songs isolating stems. It would be better without the American radio show format but there's gold in there.
Biggest thing I take out of this is the amount of effects on vocals that you don't hear. Check out Hot For Teacher and the amount of delay on DLR's vocals!

Oh thanks for that. I was only thinking last week that I'd like a podcast that's a bit like song exploder but which goes way deeper into what was done to make the tune. Less of the "this is the mood I was in when I recorded it" and more "yeah I went all buttons in on an 1176 and crushed the hell out of the vocals."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back