Major Pleasures (4 Viewers)

For the past few months I've been organising a neuroscience conference and yesterday was the big day. It was like organising a wedding, doing an exam and a job interview all at the same. It was a great success. Had speakers flying in from Europe, loads of people from Ireland talking, poster sessions, a careers workshop, a massive wine reception followed by the pub. I don't think I'll volunteer to anything similar for a long time but it was amazing.

*pats self on back really hard*
HOLY FUCK!

There are some right clever bastards on this forum.

Thats why no one understands us..

NEUROSCIENCE!!!!!!!1

I repeat...HOLY FUCK

For the past few months I've been organising a neuroscience conference and yesterday was the big day. It was like organising a wedding, doing an exam and a job interview all at the same. It was a great success. Had speakers flying in from Europe, loads of people from Ireland talking, poster sessions, a careers workshop, a massive wine reception followed by the pub. I don't think I'll volunteer to anything similar for a long time but it was amazing.

*pats self on back really hard*
Fair play. Anyone from Glasgow over?

Many congratulations, @Jill Hives

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

me uncle's version

Going to release my new album onto the world next week. You heard it here first. It's going to be solo, under my own name and it will be called "Still Metal".
Now off to the Complains thread where I shall be complaining about trying to write a press release.

I get to go to Dublin tomorrow, which means eating at a yummy restaurant that I miss dearly. Celebrate! Cocktails! Plus a good friend flying in for a week visit. Huzzah!

The Rocky Road to Dublin - Trondhjems Studentersa…:

I don't see the big deal about being a neuroscientist. I mean it's not exactly brain surgery, is it?

Ira Glass interviewing a NASA astronaut

Ira Glass
Now, here in civilian life, when we try to say that something's really difficult, we say, well, it's not rocket science. If you're actually in rocket science, what do you say?

Chris Cassidy
You say it's not rocket science, the same thing. And everybody laughs about it, just like we are right now. (both laugh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back