Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Bumped into a friend who doesn't normally come out. Don't think I've seen her in a year or more. She's got anxiety stuff going on, which she is dealing very well with. But when she does come out, everyone else wants to come and say hello, because she's great. But she chose to hang with me and my other miserable middle-aged mate. It was great.

One thing she does is note funny things other people say, and apparently I once announced "Fuck all that, I want a Fabergé chicken!"
I don't remember saying that, but it sounds like me.

I honestly didn't know that I had any particular importance in her life. She has loads of cool friends, as far as I could tell.
Anyway, good to see her, we both needed a good hug.
This is lovely. I also have a memory for odd things people say and make them into running jokes. She sounds awesome and someone I’d wanna be friends with too.

This is lovely. I also have a memory for odd things people say and make them into running jokes. She sounds awesome and someone I’d wanna be friends with too.

Yes, from what I know of you, which is only what's written here, I think you would get along. Or else be so similar that you'd repel each other. Most probably the former though.
I'm glad everything is "coming up Jill Hives" for you though.

Went for my usual run and plunge this morning
2 quick miles and then into the water to cool off, 15 minutes hanging in the cold water and shooting the shit with people. Quick swim. Good times.

Only went into the water for all that time with my brand new goddamn phone in my pocket.

Except. EXCEPT........ the phone still works!
Phones are fecking waterproof now!!!

Some message on it "USB port temporarily disconnected due to liquid detected"
Yeah, that was the fecking ocean you were detecting.

Between remembering it was in my pocket and fishing it out of my pocket, I had called myslef a fucking idiot twice and mentally gone through the utter pain in the hole scenario of replacing the phone.
Except I didn't have to worry.
Cos phones are MAGIC NOW!!

Contracts signed and closing date on new house for mid May. Had another look today and despite a lot of OCD cleaning to do, it’s got good bones. I’m now mentally decorating, which is like my favourite thing to do. I’ll have my own dedicated bathroom… doesn’t get better than that!

moving back to dublin?

Contracts signed and closing date on new house for mid May. Had another look today and despite a lot of OCD cleaning to do, it’s got good bones. I’m now mentally decorating, which is like my favourite thing to do. I’ll have my own dedicated bathroom… doesn’t get better than that!
its all coming up Hives!

Well I just bought flights for a couple of days in Italy next week. I've been five or six times, but not in over a decade, so I'm ticking Sicily off the list.

A mate happened to be doing a random holiday there on his own, and it was my bday the other day, so he said "come over for a couple of days, I've already paid for accommodation etc., just buy the tickets for the flights, it might benefit you to get away".

airline websites are truly awful.

I was nervous about it as there's a relative who is poorly (as in the doctors said "don't stray too far from the hospital" a few days ago), but she has improved over the last few days, so consulted with mum, she said "GO FOR IT! He sounds like a good friend".

I've been completely sober for almost a month now... like it's still a tiny bit awkward at times in certain scenarios, but it's great.

Zero alcohol makes it so much easier, I just don't drink any booze, at any time. Nice and simple.

I can do my job better, sleep better, less intrusive thoughts/anxiety. No hangovers obviously.

Best of all I can wander around and loudly judge people, since I'm so much better than everyone. Ah no. But I do feel a tiny bit awkward not boozing, if everyone's on the raging lock. I can kinda blend with sparkling water which might be gin and tonic.

We'll see how long it lasts I suppose.

I've been completely sober for almost a month now... like it's still a tiny bit awkward at times in certain scenarios, but it's great.

Zero alcohol makes it so much easier, I just don't drink any booze, at any time. Nice and simple.

I can do my job better, sleep better, less intrusive thoughts/anxiety. No hangovers obviously.
Good for you, man. It's a far better way to live imho
You are gonna discover yourself and make your world bigger.
First month or so is a big adjustment, but the rewards never end, if you stick with it.

But I do feel a tiny bit awkward not boozing, if everyone's on the raging lock. I can kinda blend with sparkling water which might be gin and tonic.

Living for other people and their expectation will get you nowhere. Go against the grain.
Be the salmon swimming upstream.
Again, just a take here.

But also, what can make the adjustment easier, is to find people doing non-boozy things. There are many of us out there. We are legion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back