Major Pleasures (1 Viewer)

I went to the pub. Didn't expect anything, and nothing happened. But I ended up sitting with a woman we call "Auntie", even people her own age call her that. Went back to her gaff (which is sort of my gaff) and she made me a lovely cup of tea.
I've sadly forgotten most of what she said, but there were several statements which broke me laughing. The one I remember is , matter of factly: "The first time I fed a vegetarian dog was in Sheffield".

Bumped into a friend who doesn't normally come out. Don't think I've seen her in a year or more. She's got anxiety stuff going on, which she is dealing very well with. But when she does come out, everyone else wants to come and say hello, because she's great. But she chose to hang with me and my other miserable middle-aged mate. It was great.

One thing she does is note funny things other people say, and apparently I once announced "Fuck all that, I want a Fabergé chicken!"
I don't remember saying that, but it sounds like me.

I honestly didn't know that I had any particular importance in her life. She has loads of cool friends, as far as I could tell.
Anyway, good to see her, we both needed a good hug.

Things finally might be "coming up, Hives!" I am putting out all the positive vibes I can that the stars may have aligned and a new future is just around the corner. The thought of not having anti-social hours and being close enough to Dublin to go to gigs again, has me dancing with my high waters on!

up until a fortnight ago, my wife had been working in a stupidly stressful job, with several people with full blown personality disorders, with nothing to show for the work she was doing. the whole thing was totally dysfunctional.

about a year ago, musing, i mentioned to her a team in her organisation (a very small team in a very large organisation) and said, 'jeez, that'd be your dream job' - not that there was any hint of that team looking for anyone; but the stars aligned and she started with that team last week and is loving it.

Things finally might be "coming up, Hives!" I am putting out all the positive vibes I can that the stars may have aligned and a new future is just around the corner. The thought of not having anti-social hours and being close enough to Dublin to go to gigs again, has me dancing with my high waters on!
the thoughts of going to gigs at my age is exhausting

up until a fortnight ago, my wife had been working in a stupidly stressful job, with several people with full blown personality disorders, with nothing to show for the work she was doing. the whole thing was totally dysfunctional.

about a year ago, musing, i mentioned to her a team in her organisation (a very small team in a very large organisation) and said, 'jeez, that'd be your dream job' - not that there was any hint of that team looking for anyone; but the stars aligned and she started with that team last week and is loving it.
That’s amazing! ❤️

it's a genuinely interesting job, which i can't go into as it's very specific with a (small) public profile - in the sense that if i even hinted at what she does, you'd be able to identify the team quickly enough (or possibly even know of it already)

it's a genuinely interesting job, which i can't go into as it's very specific with a (small) public profile - in the sense that if i even hinted at what she does, you'd be able to identify the team quickly enough (or possibly even know of it already)
Forensic accounting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back