Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Solpadeine is fucking unreal.

They don't have this in the US, I think? I never seen it there anyway. I'm riddled with covid, bollixed altogether, but I kinda need to work because I'm kinda skint too.

One Solpadeine and I'm brand new.

It's tylanol in the US I think, it's just codeine.

Unless it's solpadeine extra, which I think has caffeine in it too.

Prescription-only in the Republic, available in Supermarkets in N.I.

Not prescription, but you have to do the codeine dance with the pharmacist in order for them to decide if you can get it or not.
Weirdly, capsules are over the counter but the soluble ones are prescription only. Same doses but different deliveries - could never understand it.

Weirdly, capsules are over the counter but the soluble ones are prescription only. Same doses but different deliveries - could never understand it.

People have funny ideas about the delivery mechanism.

I have a pharmacist friend who's partner stocks up on a powder version of a particular drug when they go to her home country.

"I have the exact same thing in the shop."

"Tablets though."

I wonder if the issue with solpadeine is due to potential for abuse, a few years ago when I was hanging out in the workman's a lot you'd see packets of the things empty all over the chairs around the venue, would be far easier to take if you just dumped a sachet into your pint.

People have funny ideas about the delivery mechanism.

I have a pharmacist friend who's partner stocks up on a powder version of a particular drug when they go to her home country.

"I have the exact same thing in the shop."

"Tablets though."

I wonder if the issue with solpadeine is due to potential for abuse, a few years ago when I was hanging out in the workman's a lot you'd see packets of the things empty all over the chairs around the venue, would be far easier to take if you just dumped a sachet into your pint.
Well a capsule is usually got a delayed/sustained release mechanism (like tiny mini capsules within the main capsule) whereas the soluble one will all absorb in one dose. Nothing beats injecting your solpadeine intravenously though.

I didn't realise I'd tapped into this Solpadiene lore.

I feel vindicated though in my approval. Bit like discovering a band before they became famous.

Only after they'd become famous, I suppose. You get my fucking point.

Nothing beats injecting your solpadeine intravenously though.
what about, and this is hypothetical obviously, but what about let's imagine you were a real solpadeine fan, and you'd trepanned your skull, and you'd whip off a little chunk there, and just sprinkle it directly on.

Directly onto that very well blood supplied area just under the skull there.

Just a little trap door, on the skull. You'd flip it open, and pour on the ground up Solpadeine.

Might get messy right? Probably best to stick the intravenous route. Don't fix it if it's not broken.

what about, and this is hypothetical obviously, but what about let's imagine you were a real solpadeine fan, and you'd trepanned your skull, and you'd whip off a little chunk there, and just sprinkle it directly on.

Directly onto that very well blood supplied area just under the skull there.

Just a little trap door, on the skull. You'd flip it open, and pour on the ground up Solpadeine.

Might get messy right? Probably best to stick the intravenous route. Don't fix it if it's not broken.
Here, if you’re going to that trouble you may as well directly inject it into the brain parenchyma and live like a codeine god.

So what's Nurofen then? The liquid capsules seem to work way better than the tablets. In fact the Lidl version works just as well at a fraction of the price.
I've always been wary of painkillers generally, but those things make so I can walk almost like a normal person.

So what's Nurofen then? The liquid capsules seem to work way better than the tablets. In fact the Lidl version works just as well at a fraction of the price.
I've always been wary of painkillers generally, but those things make so I can walk almost like a normal person.
The magic ingredient in nurofen is ibuprofen, which is anti inflammatory. The normal dose doesn't do much for me compared to paracetemol, but the liquid capsules have a much stronger dose, they're brilliant for things like toothaches, or any pain caused by an infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back