Major Pleasures (8 Viewers)

too many blind bends, blind crests, hidden dips, etc. and the locals drive like the clappers. you'd be seasick from prolonged driving on the cavan roads. have you gone native? i.e. got your sea legs?
There are an awful lot of hazards alright,but I am very rarely in a hurry so its not too bad for me. I have seem a fair bit of Top Gear style moves out and about though . I keep my distance

Go on ... and put the answer in a spoiler tag please
can't remember the exact phrasing of the question. do you have access to iplayer? it was something like "16th century physicist william gilbert was the first to use which term to describe the movement of charged particles or ions?"

"electricity". can't recall the two wrong answers; maybe "current" and "power"

can't remember the exact phrasing of the question. do you have access to iplayer? it was something like "16th century physicist william gilbert was the first to use which term to describe the movement of charged particles or ions?"

"electricity". can't recall the two wrong answers; maybe "current" and "power"
If you want to give him another interesting fact, Stoney Road in Dundrum is named after the guy who came up with the concept of the electron, who lived in the area for years. Think he was from Offaly originally.

Spoiler tagged to avoid providing a hint for University Challenge.

Spent two weeks in Donegal (a major pleasure in itself) trying to learn how to surf. By yesterday afternoon I was pretty much done, had more or less resigned myself to the fact that this was not something I would really be able to do... but.. went for one last go because the conditions were near perfect.. and... I totally fucking nailed it. I am so chuffed with myself right now.

Spent two weeks in Donegal (a major pleasure in itself) trying to learn how to surf. By yesterday afternoon I was pretty much done, had more or less resigned myself to the fact that this was not something I would really be able to do... but.. went for one last go because the conditions were near perfect.. and... I totally fucking nailed it. I am so chuffed with myself right now.
Point_Break_poster.jpg

Deadly. whereabouts were you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back