Major Pleasures (2 Viewers)

I saw a Hen Harrier in the woods! UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.
I followed for a bit,it was moving through the tops of the trees.
But I got pretty close! Probably 30 feet

And then not 5 mins later I was moseying along chuffed to bits and started singing a song which startled a deer that then jumped out in front of me,rose up on his two back legs and tore off!

mental

Fair play. I wouldn't even know what one was or looked like.
You'd know it was something unusual if you came across one I guarantee it.

Like a small eagle! And by small,I mean not that small.As big as a big chicken, easily!

I'd say the wingspan was well over a meter.Magnificent

I love the abundance of birds of prey in Ireland these days. Glad they've established themselves despite the efforts of some poison happy farmers. Wish I could tell what species of bird I'm seeing though.

I love the abundance of birds of prey in Ireland these days. Glad they've established themselves despite the efforts of some poison happy farmers. Wish I could tell what species of bird I'm seeing though.
It really is brilliant!

I do see all sorts around here..I've seen hawks ..or are they falcons..who knows.... up in the sky but today was the first raptor I've seen up close...I couldn't wait to get home and identify it
I would love to see an owl..I might try figure out how one might do just that.

I saw a woodpecker a couple of years back.That was memorable

It really is brilliant!

I do see all sorts around here..I've seen hawks ..or are they falcons..who knows.... up in the sky but today was the first raptor I've seen up close...I couldn't wait to get home and identify it
I would love to see an owl..I might try figure out how one might do just that.

I saw a woodpecker a couple of years back.That was memorable

Dusk is best (although I have seen some at night - a big white one floated out of the forest beside me once, needless to say I got quite the fright). They're an amazing sight, their flight seems completely effortless.

we saw an owl in the car headlights, standing on the road at night, on holiday in santorini (greece) a couple of months ago

probably would have been a good time to go into battle given the omen (symbol of athena)

Finally popped my Drive Like Jehu live cherry, 22 or so years after declaring them my favourite band of all time. I've not been able to listen to them in months in anticipation of the gig, just got too weirded out. It was everything I could have hoped for, despite one amp being broken for the whole gig, drum troubles etc., never beamed so much at a show.

But what am I meant to do with rest of my life now???

Finally popped my Drive Like Jehu live cherry, 22 or so years after declaring them my favourite band of all time. I've not been able to listen to them in months in anticipation of the gig, just got too weirded out. It was everything I could have hoped for, despite one amp being broken for the whole gig, drum troubles etc., never beamed so much at a show.

But what am I meant to do with rest of my life now???
See them again?

I never have to listen to Rte again. New gaf is 5km from the north.
BBC radio on FM all fucking day and night. I mightnt even bother getting the internet.
And theres a lake 100m away.

I am home.

Cavan!

I feel like Ive emigrated. I am literally the only person I know in the whole county. Its very exciting.

Beautiful place..Im looking forward to exploring the north of our country!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back