Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

Being difficult is... ok, fine, you're being difficult.

They just seem to have endless completely contradicting stories. I'm thinking how the fuck are you lads running a bank.

The latest one was: can you do this?

Oh yeah, no problem.

So you can do this? Transfer money. That's a thing you can do.

Oh yeah.

Today?

Oh yeah, no problem.

To another bank? Today?

Yeah. Just fill out this form, give us some cash, we can sort that, no problem.

:FOUR FUCKING DAYS LATER:

Lads, did you transfer the cash?

Oh no. No no. It was Friday.

Huh?

Yeah, Friday. Can't move cash on a Friday. Sure, it was 15 minutes past noon FFS. Can't move cash on a Friday, 15 minutes past midday. That's bonkers talk.

...the fuck? What?

FRIDAY!

But you said, a number of times...

Ah yeah, but, it was FRIDAY.

I had been transferring money to a bank of Ireland account in belfast for a few weeks.

Fill in a form,here's the money done.

Out of nowhere,can't be done,never could,and then I showed receipts etc. Still told me it wasn't possible. I was paying off a small credit card debt and told them to forget about it,I'll disappear.

"Oh let's see what we can do"

Sorted.

Went to close my account to go elsewhere. Kept telling me I had to leave a penny in it. I reckoned that would keep the account open and they'd have reason to charge me for something or other. Took a lot of arguing to get my penny and close the account.

I had been transferring money to a bank of Ireland account in belfast for a few weeks.

Fill in a form,here's the money done.

Out of nowhere,can't be done,never could,and then I showed receipts etc. Still told me it wasn't possible. I was paying off a small credit card debt and told them to forget about it,I'll disappear.

"Oh let's see what we can do"

Sorted.
It's genuinely confusing.

It reminds me of those really really complicated Hungarian bathhouses in the 90s. Oh, you wanted to put the shoes in the locker, and lock it? Can't be done.

Standing for 10 minutes, watching. People putting shoes in locker.

See... all them lads? Putting the shoes in the locker?

...........glancing...... yeah?

Can I do that?

You need to hand me the keys and I put them on the board.

ok?

Then you can put the shoes in the locker.

:reality crumbling: yes?

YOU NEED TO HAND ME THE KEYS AFTER, I GIVE YOU A TICKET

..I... just need to put the shoes somewhere.

THE KEY HAS TO GO ON THE BOARD.

...So... I put the

DON'T LOCK THE LOCKER FFS YOU FUCKING ... GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEY

and?

YOU GET YOUR CLEAN TOWEL OVER THERE YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNT

I opened a back of Ireland account online today.
I’m not feeling so good about it right now.

my latest favourite thing about the bank, bank of ireland, is that the bank of ireland banking app - which is the app for a bank - can't display the euro symbol when you're transferring money from one bank account to another bank account so shows a question mark instead. in fairness it's not like they're a bank or anything.

I love BOI's cashless bank branches wtf.

I went to a Hungarian bathhouse in the 90s in Hungary and didn't experience any shoe or key drama. The little aprons were a bit of a culture shock but it was fairly chilled in general.

Issue part 1.
Samsung are closing their cloud storage, and ind moving it over to Microsoft soft. I didn't have a current Microsoft account, so made a new one with email address. Now this new one is currently "locked" and they want a phone number, to send on the code to unlock it. Fuck off. Not giving my number. Every day get a warning, that Samsung cloud is going next month and everything not on moved will be deleted.

issue part 2.
Brains here instead now opened a mega cloud account. And being a total laddie, had no idea what to do, when told "Here is the key" for the account as it's encrypted, keep it safe. Me: what? Tried to download, but, download button didn't work. So have just a screen grab. Which I imagine isn't what's ideal.
What are you ment to do?
Also only seem to be able to upload one pic at a time. A lot of shouting at the phone this weekend.

Being difficult is... ok, fine, you're being difficult.

They just seem to have endless completely contradicting stories. I'm thinking how the fuck are you lads running a bank.

The latest one was: can you do this?

Oh yeah, no problem.

So you can do this? Transfer money. That's a thing you can do.

Oh yeah.

Today?

Oh yeah, no problem.

To another bank? Today?

Yeah. Just fill out this form, give us some cash, we can sort that, no problem.

:FOUR FUCKING DAYS LATER:

Lads, did you transfer the cash?

Oh no. No no. It was Friday.

Huh?

Yeah, Friday. Can't move cash on a Friday. Sure, it was 15 minutes past noon FFS. Can't move cash on a Friday, 15 minutes past midday. That's bonkers talk.

...the fuck? What?

FRIDAY!

But you said, a number of times...

Ah yeah, but, it was FRIDAY.

I guess they're just a big old slow company. I'd still take BOI over any English bank. Over here the quality of banking service is astoundingly low. Honestly, McDonalds staff are better trained and better paid than bank staff.

Just bought a new podger, and some other silly stuff.

I've asked around, and everyone knows what a podger is. Even more specifically it refers to a ratchet spanner with a spike on the end, rather than just a spikey thing. Even the missus was amazed when I said "Thumped doesn't know what a podger is". She was appalled. She's never even used one in her life, but she knows what it is.

The Thumped hive mind has let me down. 'Tis a sad day when Cormcolash and me are the only two who know something the rest of yee don't.

How the hell did you all podge things!!????

I guess I'm glad I'm bringing something to the table amongst all you highly educated, experienced, musical, proper adults who can do things like raise kids and that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back