Major Complaints Thread (4 Viewers)

the news medias inability to report world news since the Corona virus crisis began -
RTE is particularly bad.
of the TV news channels only Al Jazeera is getting this right.
- other things are still happening beside Brexit and Covid.
some news bulletins are really pointless with little new to report

the news medias inability to report world news since the Corona virus crisis began -
RTE is particularly bad.
of the TV news channels only Al Jazeera is getting this right.
- other things are still happening beside Brexit and Covid.
some news bulletins are really pointless with little new to report
France 24 isn't too bad

Tax bill. Probably 50% more than I was expecting.

That puts me from a not-being-too-worried mood into a being-quite-worried mood. I can pay it, but still...

Dunno. I haven't seen the actual return yet, just the end number.

Last year I hired an accountant. He somehow got me a rebate for that year. At the time I thought "cool, but I bet that'll bite me in the arse down the road".

This year, it seems it has. Wasn't planning on a pandemic destroying everything either.

The amount is manageable, I won't starve this month, but going from whatever magic the accountant pulled off last year to this is quite a kick in the balls.

Last year I hired an accountant. He somehow got me a rebate for that year. At the time I thought "cool, but I bet that'll bite me in the arse down the road".

This year, it seems it has. Wasn't planning on a pandemic destroying everything either.

The amount is manageable, I won't starve this month, but going from whatever magic the accountant pulled off last year to this is quite a kick in the balls.

peaks and troughs innit

out of Interest,
Is it expensive to get an accountant to do ones taxes?
I plan on going self-Employed by the end of the year and will need someone to tell me how little money I'm making

out of Interest,
Is it expensive to get an accountant to do ones taxes?
I plan on going self-Employed by the end of the year and will need someone to tell me how little money I'm making

I know a bunch of Polish and Romanian lads who have accountants that cost about £80/year. My guy costs a lot more. I would say it's worth it because at some point the stress of doing it yourself becomes too much. And accountants are better at accountancy than you.

I once was chatting to The Lads long ago but at about this time of year. Lad #1 made £25k, paid £2.5k in tax. Lad #2 made £45k, paid £2.5k in tax. Lad #3 made £65k. He also paid £2.5k in tax. A good accountant is worth it, especially for you since you afaik you drive in your job. Be prepared to buy a new van.

The other thing about an accountant is that it ain't your problem anymore. If they swindle your accounts, that's on them. You can shrug your shoulders at the taxman and say "I dunno, ask my accountant".

Also, whenever this comes up, I always say the likes of Starbucks, Facebook et al pay feck all tax, so why should you?

I know a bunch of Polish and Romanian lads who have accountants that cost about £80/year. My guy costs a lot more. I would say it's worth it because at some point the stress of doing it yourself becomes too much. And accountants are better at accountancy than you.

I once was chatting to The Lads long ago but at about this time of year. Lad #1 made £25k, paid £2.5k in tax. Lad #2 made £45k, paid £2.5k in tax. Lad #3 made £65k. He also paid £2.5k in tax. A good accountant is worth it, especially for you since you afaik you drive in your job. Be prepared to buy a new van.

The other thing about an accountant is that it ain't your problem anymore. If they swindle your accounts, that's on them. You can shrug your shoulders at the taxman and say "I dunno, ask my accountant".

Also, whenever this comes up, I always say the likes of Starbucks, Facebook et al pay feck all tax, so why should you?
yeah to be self employed ive to pay for an accountant
PSA license
NSAI membership
Register with RECI
public liability insurance
a workvan with all the associated costs
safe pass
MEWP training
manual handling course

so thats at least €10k before i even buy a tool, rent an office, make a phonecall or start a job.

i imagine my first year ill be lucky to break even.

so an accountant seems like a good investment

I have at least three of those things. Get someone else to pay for it if you can before you jump into the SE world. I was technically always self-employed, but not really. But remember, it's all tax deductible.

Also, MEWP's are gas craic. Everyone thinks you're the man, and you're like "HA, I've no idea what's going on, but I'm up here and you're down there, don't make me kill you lol".

I have at least three of those things. Get someone else to pay for it if you can before you jump into the SE world. I was technically always self-employed, but not really. But remember, it's all tax deductible.

Also, MEWP's are gas craic. Everyone thinks you're the man, and you're like "HA, I've no idea what's going on, but I'm up here and you're down there, don't make me kill you lol".

I love working up in a MEWP. (Just not outside in the wind. Bit sketch feeling!)

I love working up in a MEWP. (Just not outside in the wind. Bit sketch feeling!)

Excuse to tell a story:
You've reminded me of a bad time in my life where I showed up as a hungover sweaty mess for work (I woke up late and cycled like hell) and my boss looked at me and said "get in that scissor lift, go up there, I don't the client smelling you". I knew how to operate it, but I didn't have the ticket at the time. Somehow H&S involved sending the hungover guy up in the machine without any qualifications, that was safer.

In fairness, the ticket should probably consist of someone asking "Are you a totally stupid cunt?"

No, you misunderstand. You blag sanity until you get the ticket. Then you get the ticket. After that, you're just free and easy and fueled by hate. That's why I'm up here and you're down there.

I don't know why but I always feel really bad, shame.... or something when I hear about immigrants, decent people who have been murdered, beaten, robbed, raped ect....by the vermin of Irish society.
Happens in every country, I know.

I’m the same way. It’s like it was done by someone in my family or something and I’m ashamed to be related to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back