Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

Made it worse by looking up the procedure. INCH DEEP injection.....

I didn't think that the actual procedure was that bad when I was actually going through it (it was mainly a pain free procedure and TBH I found the sensation of it sort of intereting). It just sounds nasty. Just mind yourself with the recovery, and it's not hard, all you really need to worry about it dry socket which is easily minded. It'll be grand dude.

giphy.gif

Wow, I didn't realise folks were given a choice! I had one out last year. Just a local anaesthetic and even then, for the first little bit, I could feel it until I told him I thought I needed more. I could still feel and hear what was going on. Doesn't rate too highly in Chutney's Fun Times list.

I had a Spanish podiatrist start operating before the local anaesthetic kicked in on an ingrown toenail. In fact that wasn't the only time a local anaesthetic didn't work on me. I had pins put into my thumb one time and it hadn't kicked in by the time the surgeon arrived so he just knocked me out. Seemed to take a double dose to do it too. Was flying when I came to. Told an entire room of nurses that we should all go to the cinema.

Anaesthetics are amazing when they actually work though. I had a thing removed from the side of my forehead last year and ten minutes after the local the surgeon was cutting into the side of my head with no bother at all. A few minutes later I could feel tugging around the area and asked him:

"Are you actually stitching it up right now?"
"Yep" he said.
"Anaesthetics are really great aren't they?" I said.
"Certainly better than the old put-a-stick-in-your-mouth-and-knock-back-a-whiskey technique" he answered.

Because I've had a chronic pain thing for years and have great pain management skills my dentist asks me if I can be bothered with anesthetic or not. Have opted out a few times. Had a tooth pulled out without it about two years ago.

Because I've had a chronic pain thing for years and have great pain management skills my dentist asks me if I can be bothered with anesthetic or not. Have opted out a few times. Had a tooth pulled out without it about two years ago.
Jaysis ! you are tough. ann post ? Ann von Masoch more like.

Wasn't offered a choice!

They know how hard I am....

sob
Well....

That was brutal.

You know you're in trouble when someone is doing a procedure on you and keeps going "Oh...."
Tooth had three extra roots that weren't visible and only now is the anaesthetic wearing off and OH FUCK HERE WE GO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back