Major Complaints Thread (4 Viewers)

Not that it's a remotely new experience,but had to bring Eoin to temple street for an appointment. Could we find a wheelchair accessible parking place? Could we even find a parking space at all? Fuck no.

Luckily both of us were there so I dropped off Avril with Eoin and then parked in the ilac car park. Fucking nuisance.

On the plus side,no new concerns for Eoin.

The direction of the wind at the moment (and the last week) means that the gaff FILLS with smoke when trying to light the fire. Three fucking times I've tried to light the thing today. At the moment all windows and doors are wide open trying clear smoke. If I had a sledge hammer handy the thing would be in bits right now.

I second the wind direction issue, but mine is more down to the fact that now that my hair is too short to tie back, walking around outside is a nightmare in this wind.

My shed keeps opening as the wind is rattling the lock in the slave door out of position (padlock on the main door is still locked). I’ve got it sorted now but thought I was robbed a couple of times this week. Wind is a pox.

the Court Of Arbitration For Sport and the IAAF's treatment of Caster Semenya,

insanely they want her to take drugs or she isn't allowed compete in future.
WTF ?
i'm very annoyed about this. she has been treated appallingly for years but
it never entered my head the CAS would back up Sebastian Coe's ignorance.

the Court Of Arbitration For Sport and the IAAF's treatment of Caster Semenya,

insanely they want her to take drugs or she isn't allowed compete in future.
WTF ?
i'm very annoyed about this. she has been treated appallingly for years but
it never entered my head the CAS would back up Sebastian Coe's ignorance.

It is a disgrace, I feel so sorry for her.

It also flies in the face of biology - testosterone isn’t a “male” hormone and it is produced naturally by all women in hugely varying amounts. There was a study from a few years ago shows that not only do a sizeable number of female athletes (~15 %) have higher than accepted testosterone levels but similarly around the same amount of male athletes have low testosterone. I must dig out the reference because it’s mad how sporting bodies continuously ignore biology when it comes to guidelines (see concussion).

Any high level athlete is a quirk if genetics and opportunity. None of us (or at the very least few of us) can compete at the same level as any top tier athlete even if we had been training for a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back