Major Complaints Thread (5 Viewers)

Fucking runners knee has me temporarily benched again..and I only got a new pair of Mizunos on Friday.

Fucking dying to stick a few Kms on them bad boys
C'mere dude - I used to get little explosions of pain in my left heel when running, and then when I was in a bookshop I read a bit of 'Born to Run' which goes on a lot about running barefoot

Mrs. egg_ slags me off about this - "you read a bit of a book in a bookshop and now you think you know something?"

Anyway ... the book seemed to be saying that "good" running shoes make your feet weaker cos they're protecting them too much, and that puts more pressure on your other joints. The other exercise I do regularly is skipping, so I gradually started doing that barefoot to strengthen up my feet (can skip for half an hour barefoot now no problem), and - get this - I started *pretending* I had no shoes on when I'm running, which actually affects the way I run (shorter steps, and I'm inclined to land on the flat of my foot rather than my heel)

... and now I don't get pains in my heel anymore. YMMV, but I'd say it's worth a read of that book anyway

Hmmm interesting..I'll have a look..although I'm pretty sure in my case its just that my leg muscles arent keeping up with my fitness levels ..not enough days off

Hmmm interesting..I'll have a look..although I'm pretty sure in my case its just that my leg muscles arent keeping up with my fitness levels ..not enough days off
I was getting really bad foot problems and assumed I was running too much. Was about to give up when I got an Xmas pressie of some new walking around Adidas sneakers. They had amazing supports in them, which I hadn't looked for in years. Problems were fixed almost overnight.

So running was just highlighting a problem that was already there, wasn't the cause.

key waste are diversifying into the hospitality sector

Fuck those guys

2560px-Keywest_busking_on_Grafton_Street._March_2014.JPG

fuck that anyway. I know one of those lads. Greedy bastards. He has familial ties to one of the biggest property firms in the country. The whole thing stinks.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back