Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

well, that was a shit day. we took in a rescue hedgehog on monday (he'd suffered a head injury which means the woman who runs the rescue place was not comfortable with releasing him back into the wild) and we found him this morning out in the garden, having been attacked by what must have been a fox. he was not in a good way, and as expected he was PTS soon after we got him to the vet.

Have just discovered, after decades, that the electricty night rate doesn't start when I thought it started. Always thought it 11PM in the winter and 12 in the summer, and did all me dishes etc., accordingly. Seems it's 1 and 2am respectively.

Green at the idea of how much money I've wasted....

Hope you're not going to blame The Isrealites for that

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stupid friends who don't listen to what we're saying and don't do what they know is best for themselves. It gets difficult looking out for people who let themselves down again and again. I mean, I'm far from perfect, but I'm not gonna get my "jaw spun" by dealers. Much grrrr.

/rant

I have the house to myself for the evening so I decided to take a quick look behind a 3 gang light switch in the kitchen to see about replacing it AS YOU DO. Took the faceplate off, undid a couple of screws and the whole fucking thing popped out of the wall like some kind of spring-loaded ACME contraption that would be delivered to Wile E Coyote, with half the wires disconnecting in the process.... all it was missing was the BOINGGG sound effect.

Oh well, as good a time as any to do the replacement, says I. And four hours later, here we are. The new switch has a back on it that's deeper than the back box. No problem to me, I've got spacers I can use... except the wires are both too long to fit in and not long enough to route around the switch gubbins. No problem, I'll use TWO spacers... except the screws I have aren't long enough to reach the back box.

FML

Working around a big angry welding machine mashed the contactless function on my bank card. So I had to get a new one.

Now I'm slowly finding my DD's aren't going through, until I update the details with my new card. Trying to remember passwords to sites I haven't looked at in years. i only paid two relatively small DD's late, but in full. Hopefully there won't be an insurance bill or something down the line that I haven't thought of.

Proper question: Is this palaver going to affect my credit rating?

I have the house to myself for the evening so I decided to take a quick look behind a 3 gang light switch in the kitchen to see about replacing it AS YOU DO. Took the faceplate off, undid a couple of screws and the whole fucking thing popped out of the wall like some kind of spring-loaded ACME contraption that would be delivered to Wile E Coyote, with half the wires disconnecting in the process.... all it was missing was the BOINGGG sound effect.

Oh well, as good a time as any to do the replacement, says I. And four hours later, here we are. The new switch has a back on it that's deeper than the back box. No problem to me, I've got spacers I can use... except the wires are both too long to fit in and not long enough to route around the switch gubbins. No problem, I'll use TWO spacers... except the screws I have aren't long enough to reach the back box.

FML
so i decided to put the original switch back in.,.. and because of all the wire moving i did, it doesn't fit properly.

I am in big trouble when this gets noticed.

so i decided to put the original switch back in.,.. and because of all the wire moving i did, it doesn't fit properly.

I am in big trouble when this gets noticed.
It took me TWO NIGHTS but i finally got the new bastarding light switch on.

Now to program it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back