Major Complaints Thread (1 Viewer)

It's so shitty, my sister is a nurse who works nights and was being leaned on to go on the tour to supervise him but she can't as she might be rostered to work the night before.

I suggested that I might take the day off from work and my mother and I would go along on the condition that the SNA does what she's supposed to do and looks after my nephew and we'd only step in if there was a serious problem but that doesn't seem to have been deemed acceptable. It's not our problem that the school is having difficulty rounding up enough parents to help chaperone the kids.

He's a lovely kid and while he does have some problems with his behaviour some of the stuff he's got in trouble for in the past includes answering questions that the teacher has asked the older classes because they didn't know the answer.

I'll ask my wife about this later, she works in this area and might be able to give some guidance as to whether you have any right of reply. That sounds hugely unfair to me, I'm really sorry to hear that your son is being put in this situation.

I'll ask my wife about this later, she works in this area and might be able to give some guidance as to whether you have any right of reply. That sounds hugely unfair to me, I'm really sorry to hear that your son is being put in this situation.

Thanks but we've sort of made alternate arrangements already. He goes to a farm for animal therapy on Thursdays which clashes with the tour and when he was asked if he'd rather go on the tour or to the farm he said he'd prefer the farm.

He's moving school for senior infants next year, it's more used to having kids with an ASD and hopefully won't have so many dickheads working there.

Thanks but we've sort of made alternate arrangements already. He goes to a farm for animal therapy on Thursdays which clashes with the tour and when he was asked if he'd rather go on the tour or to the farm he said he'd prefer the farm.

He's moving school for senior infants next year, it's more used to having kids with an ASD and hopefully won't have so many dickheads working there.
Senior infants! I thought he was 17 or something given the threat of calling the guards. Ah here.

Well, if in future you want a second opinion on anything, drop us a PM.

It's so shitty, my sister is a nurse who works nights and was being leaned on to go on the tour to supervise him but she can't as she might be rostered to work the night before.

I suggested that I might take the day off from work and my mother and I would go along on the condition that the SNA does what she's supposed to do and looks after my nephew and we'd only step in if there was a serious problem but that doesn't seem to have been deemed acceptable. It's not our problem that the school is having difficulty rounding up enough parents to help chaperone the kids.

He's a lovely kid and while he does have some problems with his behaviour some of the stuff he's got in trouble for in the past includes answering questions that the teacher has asked the older classes because they didn't know the answer.

an SNA is not supposed to look after the other kids,they are supposed to be there for the kids with special needs.

Does your nephew officially have access to an sna?

For the record,I am an sna.

Just reading back there, I'd say he does have access. I'm surprised and disappointed a school would pull that,even with limited resources.

this is a fucking outrage

and they're using his assistant as extra staff to look after the other kids...that's a whole other level of taking the piss

Last edited:
Still raging over this but really get where my sister might be coming from re not wanting to go into the new school next year with a rep as troublemaker even though all we'd be doing is rightfully fighting the kid's corner.

They don't even let him do full days in the school, he has to be picked up after big break so he's missed an hour of education each day all year. When the person from the HSE or whoever it is that provides the SNA heard that she was pretty annoyed, he should be doing the full days by now.

Your sister needs to kick off big time. It's tough to get sna access these days,to have it taken away is wrong on every level. I wonder does the sna go home when he does?

Obviously there may be more details to be considered.but ultimately, an DNA is in place to meet the care needs of kids with special needs.

Your sister needs to kick off big time. It's tough to get sna access these days,to have it taken away is wrong on every level. I wonder does the sna go home when he does?

I'm not sure but get this, even with him doing short days and going home at 12 the SNA takes her break at 11:30 or 11:45, which doesn't seem right.

We're more optimistic about his new school, it's still a mainstream school but it has a special unit for kids with ASDs which he'll be in for some of the time, class size of 6 and 4 SNAs, plus a teacher with experience of teaching kids with his requirements. Aim is to have him entirely back in with the rest of the kids by third class.

Follow up on this, the event itself I'm not bothered by but the exclusion from same has me raging.

My family are Church Of Ireland and while I'm not religious it does matter a little bit to my sister, and my nephew is attending a COI school, on Friday there was a children's service for kids in schools from the particular diocese and all the kids from his school were to attend. Except for my nephew as my sister was told not to let him go, or rather he could go but only if she went too. She'd done an 8PM-8AM shift on Thursday night.

Signing off on selling the apartment this morning
Paying 10% deposit on the (please don't balls up now) new gaff
Started new job on monday and didn't get paid today

it's a fuck sakes tripler

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back