Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

They used to get a lot of remaindered stuff, so if you were curious but not too arsed about a new album, you could wait a year and it would invariably pop up. Great place for taking a punt on something, cos it was so cheap.
Once found a box of these, 20+ copies, upstairs in Abbey Street, £5 each. Didn't even buy one.

My sleep pattern has gone to shit again. Obvs with my work it's a given so I do try to manage it as best I can. Tonight I have failed.

It's alright, this time, but if you find me posting here in the early hours of Monday morning tell me to go to bed.

The lad on the information desk sounded like a pure dick anytime I walked past him and he was on the phone. I would avoid interacting with any staff anywhere tbf.

The new shop never had the same vibe as the basment second hand bookshop on Abbey Street. Mad place.
Yeah - whats he going to do now?

Main competency; being an arsehole in a bookshop for 15 years

A sad moment. I’ve be buying stuff from chapters (books and records) for 25 years…

Got a final notice/ solicitors letter for a m50 journey we did not make. ( Also have proof of paying for correct journeys)

Have attempted to phone countless times,held for what must be hours and sent emails to every email address we can find and had no reply until this.

Now waiting for two more solicitors letters for two more incorrectly billed journeys

(Also waiting for a return call from the solicitor)

Got a final notice/ solicitors letter for a m50 journey we did not make. ( Also have proof of paying for correct journeys)

Have attempted to phone countless times,held for what must be hours and sent emails to every email address we can find and had no reply until this.

Now waiting for two more solicitors letters for two more incorrectly billed journeys

I wonder if there's a handy precedent for suing people for making spurious demands for money?
Thinking out loud I suppose, it might be silly, but I'd guess you're not the only one who's been pinged for money off these guys.
If there were a large enough cohort of people that were/are getting hassled for cash you might be able to get a class action thing going on. Solicitor might take the case for a % of the settlement. Even if it's not a class action, they might do same.

Send your own solicitors letter stating all this and if you receive another letter you'll do them on harassment

We are definitely thinking on the harassment angle.

I wonder how many people just pay by now? Especially with threats of having an impact on credit rating etc

The original fine from September 2nd said we crossed going northbound,( we crossed going south,and I paid in a spar the next day and got a receipt) so we phoned to query,many times,and sent emails and messages on the contact forms on the website. At the time the website said 95% of calls were answered within 20 seconds and they would get back in touch within I think a few hours but may have been next day.

We could not get through,and even waited for almost an hour on one occasion. All we got from the contact form was a generic reply and nothing from emails.

In the meantime we got fines for two more journeys,both paid on time. More emails phone calls etc and no contact.

The last we did was on Wednesday,finally spoke to someone,said she couldn't sort it and said to email the resolve team. Of course it's possibly to soon to be expecting a reply,but nothing.

Might be slightly off as that's from memory

My biggest problem is that they have not provided any opportunity to clear it up and just keep upping the fine.

I forgot to say,we also sent at least one letter by post too.

My biggest problem is that they have not provided any opportunity to clear it up and just keep upping the fine.

I forgot to say,we also sent at least one letter by post too.

Solicitors letter via registered mail advising them to desist and that you have made every effort to rectify the situation. Then small Claims court if they ignore your solicitors letter

Edit:

The cunts

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back