Major Complaints Thread (2 Viewers)

Depending on the size/construction of the house & your current wifi coverage situation you could maybe use the cabling to add extra wireless access points to improve range? Probably cheaper than a mesh option? I dunno.

I never got around to even wiring the front plates on the boxes, again except for where I needed to (the office). Really I only put the wires in just in case I'd regret NOT doing it. Didn't realise how completely wireless was going to take over. Was running video over one for a while (computer to projector in the sitting room) but it got flaky after a few years and I wasn't going to pull the wire out to see why, so now I have another cable running around the skirting boards instead

edit: my work computer these days is a mac, doesn't even have an ethernet port

I’d always prefer a wired connection over a wireless one where possible anyway, much more reliable

Me and someone older, but savvier than me, berated one of our much younger co-workers when he moaned about his wifi dropping out in the middle of a game of Call of Duty or whatever. Me because I'm a luddite, him because he know's more than me.

"You need a hardwire connection if you want a solid reliable internets. How can you rely on a wireless connection for something as involved as Call of Duty?". The young lad was baffled by the idea. And we were baffled by the idea that he was baffled by the idea that a physical cable is more reliable than the cheapest possible wifi.
"So, what like, I need one of them internet cables?"
"That's not what they're called, but YES FFS. What do they actually teach you in school?".
"I dunno".

Little did I know there was a tree surgeon working above me. Then DUMPH, a jab saw hits the ground a foot from where I'm standing. I look up and he's like, "could you tie that on to my rope please?"

I was annoyed but I thought leave it.

Twenty minutes later I'm undoing a bolt and the PLONK. My podger slipped out of my hand and into the water, never to return. I had a bit more empathy for the arborist at that point.

What am I without a podger? Nothing, that's what.

I laughed first time heard it too. But now it's:

This is my podger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My podger is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my podger is useless. Without my podger, I am useless. Etc.

I laughed first time heard it too. But now it's:
I was working one day helping this company stick up video screens in the middle of an oncoming storm in December. It was well dark by the time we got finished, and one of the guys had previously dropped their podger somewhere. Think we spent another half an hour looking for it and not finding it before we went home.

Way back when I moved from Belfast to Dublin,they could not have been any more difficult
Being difficult is... ok, fine, you're being difficult.

They just seem to have endless completely contradicting stories. I'm thinking how the fuck are you lads running a bank.

The latest one was: can you do this?

Oh yeah, no problem.

So you can do this? Transfer money. That's a thing you can do.

Oh yeah.

Today?

Oh yeah, no problem.

To another bank? Today?

Yeah. Just fill out this form, give us some cash, we can sort that, no problem.

:FOUR FUCKING DAYS LATER:

Lads, did you transfer the cash?

Oh no. No no. It was Friday.

Huh?

Yeah, Friday. Can't move cash on a Friday. Sure, it was 15 minutes past noon FFS. Can't move cash on a Friday, 15 minutes past midday. That's bonkers talk.

...the fuck? What?

FRIDAY!

But you said, a number of times...

Ah yeah, but, it was FRIDAY.

Users who are viewing this thread

• T
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back