Major Complaints Thread (2 Viewers)

Press once for on
Press and hold for dimming
Press twice for off

?

What smart hub you running?

going to set up a hubitat and automate loads of shit when we get in to our house
This one is a Tuya Zigbee 3 gang switch that controls two sets of ceiling lights and an outdoor light above the back door. I'm running it all through Home Assistant so the next step will be to get it properly tied into the the alarm system motion & contact sensors through that so that the kitchen lights go on when motion is detected in the morning/off when no motion is detected for after a certain time whatever, outdoor light comes on when the back door is opened & switches off automatically if it's left on when the back door is closed again, that sort of thing. It's all stupid small stuff.

This one is a Tuya Zigbee 3 gang switch that controls two sets of ceiling lights and an outdoor light above the back door. I'm running it all through Home Assistant so the next step will be to get it properly tied into the the alarm system motion & contact sensors through that so that the kitchen lights go on when motion is detected in the morning/off when no motion is detected for after a certain time whatever, outdoor light comes on when the back door is opened & switches off automatically if it's left on when the back door is closed again, that sort of thing. It's all stupid small stuff.

A off the shelf 10eu motion sensor and a junction box could do that
But I suppose you want people on the internet to be able to turn on your mains

well yeah it's a waste if you don't utilise it. Most stuff is wireless now anyway - zigbee / z-wave / WiFi etc
I never got around to even wiring the front plates on the boxes, again except for where I needed to (the office). Really I only put the wires in just in case I'd regret NOT doing it. Didn't realise how completely wireless was going to take over. Was running video over one for a while (computer to projector in the sitting room) but it got flaky after a few years and I wasn't going to pull the wire out to see why, so now I have another cable running around the skirting boards instead

edit: my work computer these days is a mac, doesn't even have an ethernet port

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back