Mad Men Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Last week was sub par, but it was back to top form this week. Don's letter was a great bit of drama, the reveal was done brilliantly. Loved "I thought you didn't go in for those kind of shenanigans" too.
Nice to see Midge back, she was looking great (though possibly a bit too great, given the fact she's on skag). Quite a grim episode overall really.

I don't get the hate at all. What were people wanting from the season finale? Don to find a hatch in the floor of SCDP? It's a soap opera, it doesn't need cliffhanger finales to every season. I thought it was a great episode, totally in keeping with the way the entire season had been pointing.

If you are looking at VAISPY then this sentence is to stop me ruining it for you, as spoilers dont work in there
If you are looking at VAISPY then this sentence is to stop me ruining it for you, as spoilers dont work in there

I half liked it - i watched the last two back to back - A few nice Sterling moments - I thought the final was good, with the exception of don getting engaged. that just feels like something stupid that we'll have to sit through for the first half of season 5, the great hook for me was the ciggarette plot - how that turns out is what will draw me to S5. They still havent killed Joans boyfriend - In my fantasy world they would cut the cord at the end of S5, while its still sharp, i suppose there's a lot of cash to be made by running through to the kennedy assasination, 1969 et al.

The engagement is what ruined it for me. I really thought he was going to knob Betty at the end too.

I did like this season overall, particularly how Don's character went into decline.

Definitely didn't live up to last season's finale but it was nice enough.. I thought there'd be more of a resolution to the company situation as opposed to everybody's personal lives moving on a bit so it felt a bit anticlimactic that way. You feel sort of disappointed with the supposedly more mature and wiser Don jumping into a major commitment with the secretary (though she seems nice) that will presumably hit problems once they get to know each other better when Dr. Miller seemed to be much more on his wavelength. If Bert Cooper is gone next season then presumably Pete will get a bigger role in the company, maybe Peggy becomes a partner too.

Why is everyone so down on the engagement? Would it have made more sense if he'd proposed to Doctor Miller?

I think the entire season has been hammering home how Don is the new Roger. So I think the engagement to the secretary makes perfect sense, after Roger married Jane in season 2.

I think the entire season has been hammering home how Don is the new Roger. So I think the engagement to the secretary makes perfect sense, after Roger married Jane in season 2.

If i wanted to see that again i'd watch season 2 again, hence my down-ness on the engagement.

Why is everyone so down on the engagement? Would it have made more sense if he'd proposed to Doctor Miller?
I'm with you on this. I think the engagement to whatserface made perfect sense. The way he was surprised that she didn't go batshit when Sally knocked over the milkshake. She's better with the kids than Dr Miller and Don's looking for a stable home life after the divorce and Sally-problems.

only got to watch it last night. dunno how i feel about it. the point someone made about not expecting a cliffhanger at the end of what has been a really strong season is valid, but i didn't see that engagement coming. feel bad for doctor miller, someone who accepted don for who he really was. there are some roger parallels, but the creative spark is still there with don (see cancer meeting), which i can't imagine roger ever having. i suppose the storyline reenforces the notion that don, whether he's in korea or in his current life, makes dubious choices.

what would be nice would be if the marrage actually worked out. if it all goes to pot alla roger and jane it would be a bit boring. megan is lovely anyway.

bunty.jpg
??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back