Mad Men Season 4 (2 Viewers)

Breaking Bad is great, but Hamm is a better actor than Cranston. And Hamm's lines are better written. Breaking Bad has awesome things happening, Mad Men has awesome character development. Former is sometimes heavy handed in dialogue (Jesse's rant in the hospital) while the latter is sometimes heavy handed in double meanings and such (the ghost scene in the last episode). Both are often great at making the viewer make connections not based on linearity / plot / etc; with mad men this is more pronounced and successful partially because the particularities of the historical and professional configurations. But Hamm/Don is better (see: drunk Don) than Cranston and Peggy (see: any time after the first season) is even better. And Roger is the best character.

Yeah it was good to get a reminder of Joan's skills at ice-queen viciousness when she needs to take down somebody. I hope they don't keep Don's narration as a regular thing, it felt clunky and a bit jarring with the general tone of the show.. Bit of a filler episode really but they probably needed a breather after the awesome last one (and there's more heavy stuff coming up this season, apparently).

Yeah it was good to get a reminder of Joan's skills at ice-queen viciousness when she needs to take down somebody. I hope they don't keep Don's narration as a regular thing, it felt clunky and a bit jarring with the general tone of the show.. Bit of a filler episode really but they probably needed a breather after the awesome last one (and there's more heavy stuff coming up this season, apparently).

He's going through a period of introspection and he has no one close enough to him anymore to confide in.
The journal was prob the best device available to let us inside his head.

23u79kl.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back