Mad Men Season 4 (3 Viewers)

I liked that episode too.. drunk Lane was hilarious, and it's nice for them to show Dick\Don's non bastard side every so often. Is it really possible that somebody would not be told that they have terminal cancer on the say-so of a relative though, if they're an adult and sound of mind etc.? Doesn't seem especially ethical.

Seemed very odd alright.
But I do know that no one told Babe Ruth that he had cancer all the way from diagnosis and on through chemo treatment.
They eventually told him when there was no hope left and after he saw a sign in the ward, but fuck.
Different times, I suppose.

I liked that episode too.. drunk Lane was hilarious, and it's nice for them to show Dick\Don's non bastard side every so often. Is it really possible that somebody would not be told that they have terminal cancer on the say-so of a relative though, if they're an adult and sound of mind etc.? Doesn't seem especially ethical.

Yeah I wastched this with my GF and she commented that her great grandfather was never told he had leukemia - totally crazy..

Yeah I wastched this with my GF and she commented that her great grandfather was never told he had leukemia - totally crazy..

That's news I'd personally rather not hear.
Spend your remaining years visiting doctors and doing some kind of poor man's version of the bucket list, rather than the boring shit you actually like doing.

Isn't Anna happier not knowing, or pretending not to know at least?
Hasn't the confessional culture of the 60s and 70s robbed us of something?
The right to ignorantly die of cancer?

I posit that it has.

I'd want to know.

Maybe we should fill out a form saying whether we'd want to know or not, and can change it every 5 years or something

That's news I'd personally rather not hear.
Spend your remaining years visiting doctors and doing some kind of poor man's version of the bucket list, rather than the boring shit you actually like doing.

Isn't Anna happier not knowing, or pretending not to know at least?
Hasn't the confessional culture of the 60s and 70s robbed us of something?
The right to ignorantly die of cancer?

I posit that it has.

If it's a quite elderly person then I could sort of understand it, but Anna is supposed to be, what, early to mid 40s? Surely there must be some medical rule that somebody would deserve to know that they have only a short amount of time left so they could best decide how to use it. I think they might have been dropping hints that she was aware to some extent of the situation anyway.

I would love a gif of Peggy's head peering over the office partition.

That was, great. Pretty much everything involving Peggy was this week.

I liked where it looked like they were taking Don this week. He looks like he's on a knife edge. At the same time though, "I'm going to need a new secretary. Get this cleaned up."

I laughed.

peeping-peggy.gif

This series is probably the best so far.

That's one clip that I hope never gets animated giffed. I don't think I've ever watched an episode of anything that discussed wanking to much.

Good episode, Don, despite signs in previous weeks that his life is falling apart is still the smartest guy in the room when he needs to be.

Amazing episode. The whole deconstruction of the myth of Don Draper was fantastic. The blackout time fades were really unexpected and just brilliant.

The Peggy storyline wasn't that great though, the unsubtle jokes were just tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back