Mad Men Season 4 (2 Viewers)

Jaysus, 19 posts in before someone started moaning about spoilers. That's not bad going.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TELL ME IT WAS SET IN 1964? THAT'S COMPLETELY RUINED MY ENJOYMENT OF THE ENTIRE SERIES. THANKS, FUCKWAD.

glenn: serial killer in waiting

For sure.. I don't know if he's intended to be like that or is it more a combination of the way the kid looks and how he delivers his lines but he certainly comes across as a psychopath in the making.. I think trashing the house was supposed to be something like a chivalrous gesture for his sweetheart Sally but it felt far more sinister. I like how Don is becoming increasingly sort of pathetic and desperate in his private life (and obviously drinking way more than he used to) as he gets more aggressive and determined in work, presumably he's heading for a messy breakdown at some point.

For sure.. I don't know if he's intended to be like that or is it more a combination of the way the kid looks and how he delivers his lines but he certainly comes across as a psychopath in the making.. I think trashing the house was supposed to be something like a chivalrous gesture for his sweetheart Sally but it felt far more sinister. I like how Don is becoming increasingly sort of pathetic and desperate in his private life (and obviously drinking way more than he used to) as he gets more aggressive and determined in work, presumably he's heading for a messy breakdown at some point.

Too much hand wringing about D Draper's boozing.
Coming home drunk is awesome.

It seems like every blog I read has taken to doing Mad Men recaps.

http://www.theawl.com/2010/08/footnotes-of-mad-men-a-secretary-is-not-to-be-used-for-play-therapy

http://thisrecording.com/today/2010...ate-christmas-i-just-hate-this-christmas.html

http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/08/mad-men-s4e2-christmas-comes-but-once.html

Project Rungay totally nailed it with the sense of "of everyone trying to dance as hard as they can to recapture something that doesn't exist anymore".

Pete and Trudy conga line gif anyone?

It seems like every blog I read has taken to doing Mad Men recaps.

http://www.theawl.com/2010/08/footnotes-of-mad-men-a-secretary-is-not-to-be-used-for-play-therapy

http://thisrecording.com/today/2010...ate-christmas-i-just-hate-this-christmas.html

http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/08/mad-men-s4e2-christmas-comes-but-once.html

Project Rungay totally nailed it with the sense of "of everyone trying to dance as hard as they can to recapture something that doesn't exist anymore".

Tom & Lorenzo's is consistently the best.

You're right ttoo, everyone's on it.
The NY Times and Gawker have their own ones also.

Episode 3 - possibly the worst one yet? Another one that felt self conscious and forced. Don coming on to his ex-wife's niece. Don and Lane on the piss. Joanie freaking out about a finger cut. No, no, no.

Episode 3 - possibly the worst one yet? Another one that felt self conscious and forced. Don coming on to his ex-wife's niece. Don and Lane on the piss. Joanie freaking out about a finger cut. No, no, no.

Yeah, him hitting on the niece was a bit much for me. It doesn't feel like something his character would do but then again his character seems to be going through more or less a mid-life crisis. Trying to figure out who he is since he no longer has to play a part or put up a guard. I thought Joan cutting her finger was on purpose. If she went to the hospital she could have the days off work hence why despite him be a doctor she still kept saying, "lets go to the hospital." She wanted to days off to try to get pregnant before he leaves and maybe never comes back, no? Or was I completely reading that wrong? I like the ex-wife and that whole sub plot. I always have and don't think California equals bad episode. It doesn't feel forced imho, it just feels different like it's changing with the years. The beginning of that decade and the end of it would be completely different. Right now they are smack in the middle in a weird zone so it seems plausible to me.

I have a hard time with the Dick/Anna storyline because I just don't believe that Don gives a shit about anyone but himself. Are we supposed to like him more because he acts quasi-nice to Anna? The only reason he's kind to her is to make himself feel better. Don: You disgust me. I almost felt sorry for Joan's husband though and it was nice to see his "good" side. Otherwise it's just baffling as to why Joan is with him.

I liked Lane's stoic hangover.

I have a hard time with the Dick/Anna storyline because I just don't believe that Don gives a shit about anyone but himself. Are we supposed to like him more because he acts quasi-nice to Anna? The only reason he's kind to her is to make himself feel better. Don: You disgust me. I almost felt sorry for Joan's husband though and it was nice to see his "good" side. Otherwise it's just baffling as to why Joan is with him.

I liked Lane's stoic hangover.

My guess, because she's in her mid 30's and wants a baby. He's a doctor (albeit not a good one) so it looks good on paper. She's generally the girl men have affairs with not marry. He wanted to marry her. It was her best option for an end result. She plays a "tough cookie" but underneath you can tell she cares about appearances. It's the only reason why I can see that after that one night in the office when he forced himself on her that she stayed. I do believe Don cares for Anna. Not romantically but she is the one person he could be himself with for years and she never judged him. I think anyone who had a friend like that would care deeply for them despite their selfishness with everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back