Mad Men Season 4 (3 Viewers)

F. Fred Palakon

Why is there no Mad Men Season 4 thread yet?! Surely someone watched it over their breakfast?

mad-men-season-4_510.jpg

Wahay! Welcome back, Mad Men. Bit of a slow start, trying to give each character a tiny bit of screen-time. Still, loved Don's little freak out at the end.

Still though, bring back Sal.

the intro where they all come into the office was some 'here come the girls' type cringey
shit...but it was pretty great after that. in terms of new characters, disliked guy working
with peggy, liked betty's fella's mother. slap sex scene seemed a little forced..."take
your things and get the hell out of my office *CLICK CLICK*" scene was pretty amazing

a good return!

the intro where they all come into the office was some 'here come the girls' type cringey
shit...but it was pretty great after that. in terms of new characters, disliked guy working
with peggy, liked betty's fella's mother. slap sex scene seemed a little forced..."take
your things and get the hell out of my office *CLICK CLICK*" scene was pretty amazing

a good return!
I agree with all of this.

The sixties are looking a bit swingier in this series. What year is it now? '65?

It was very good.. Great musical cue right at the end. The dynamic of the new firm seems to be different enough so it's not just more of the same in a new building. I hope they're going to do something more with Betty than just have her being the least empathic parent ever.. remember they used to have interesting storylines with her back in the first season like her friendship with the weird kid of the divorced woman, her frustrated modelling stint culminating in that scene where she shot the birds on the back lawn, etc? The stuff with Henry is a bit tedious really.

Just watched it over lunch. The line about the expense account might be the best Pete Campbell moment ever.

That got a LOL from me.

I use to love Betty because she was a very intriguing character (particularly her indifference/coldness) but now she is just unlikeable. I realise that's probably the point but I don't like it.

agree that the face slapping bit was seemed forced. roger sterling was in fine form. i bit henrys ma will be good value.

I use to love Betty because she was a very intriguing character (particularly her indifference/coldness) but now she is just unlikeable. I realise that's probably the point but I don't like it.
When I watched it, I said to whatsherface that I thought that something had changed and January Jones wasn't really believable as someone from that period. In previous series, no problems, but this one, I just can't take her seriously. I dunno what that's all about.

When I watched it, I said to whatsherface that I thought that something had changed and January Jones wasn't really believable as someone from that period. In previous series, no problems, but this one, I just can't take her seriously. I dunno what that's all about.

Yeah, she was by far my favorite until I watched last night. Something is different and I trust it's leading some where good. Well, it better be.

I wasn't so gone on this episode - it seemed too self-conscious and forced. Don doesn't kick chairs, for christs sake. 'Get me the Wall St journal' blah blah. Bed slaps. Betty as a one dimensional bore (fully agree with comments above).
I thought it dragged itself to the end to be honest.
PS - even Roger's one liners were lined up four in a row.

I'm giving up on this show, the first two seasons were great, in fact, some of the best television I've ever seen. The third season became lackluster and dull, even throwing in random gore to wake their viewers up. Don became more and more tedious to watch each episode,even his walk annoys me now. He is unbelievable unlikeable, which i know is the point but saying "you people" to Sal before firing him killed it for me. Along with Don, I thought Sal, Campbell and Peggy were the most interest characters in the first couple of seasons and they didnt really go anywhere with them in season three, which is a huge shame.
The new episode was the worse yet, "we are all here for you" from peggy to don, geez louise, so cringe worthy. She is now completely meaningless to the story arc. Too much has been put on our now hatable lead's shoulder to keep me interest any long.
Well as Gaspar Noe says "Time distroys all things". Goodbye mad men it was good knowing you.

don 'chair-kicking', 'faceslapping', betty 'unlikeable'.......bleedin tryin to d/ld this and not a single spoiler wrap in sight w you fuckers....btw whens this on bbc/rte?

Since when is Betty being unlikeable a spoiler?
Any show threads here are for people who have SEEN it, you chump

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back