Mad Men S03... (1 Viewer)

Betty is such a difficult character to care about, I'm not sure it's down to the way the part is written or the way she's acted, I've always found the show drags when it focuses on her.. with any luck the separation will mean less of her and more of the interesting stuff next season. Will the characters that didn't get in on the new company be ditched now (Paul, Ken etc)? Hopefully not.

i actually started to feel sorry for betty after the roman holiday episode - you can see that
she was an educated, well travelled woman, who gave it all up for a husband who clearly
didn't love her (or 'not enough' or whatever) and 3 kids. she got let out of her cage for a
weekend. but yeah she's not the nicest, but either were (are?) her circumstances

i actually started to feel sorry for betty after the roman holiday episode - you can see that
she was an educated, well travelled woman, who gave it all up for a husband who clearly
didn't love her (or 'not enough' or whatever) and 3 kids. she got let out of her cage for a
weekend. but yeah she's not the nicest, but either were (are?) her circumstances
Man up, sap.

:p

Her and that fella must now be TV's most boring couple. I hope they're not in next season.

will be really interesting to see if they keep up with the old Sterling Cooper employees /
Betty in the next series. glad to see Price got his name on the new company. he's the best.
Kinsey used to be a great character, but became tedious and reactionary towards the end of the season, maybe because he's being dropped. Pretty sure he's into animal collective and chillwave.

Don's affairs are gonna get boring as he has no wife to cheat on. Hope Betty's role is going to be an occasional dinner banquet awkwardness and not much more. But the kids, uh, Don should disown them. Who's gonna hook up with Joan? Bets on Roger getting the first digs but more serious? She's not going to stay with that loser much longer, it's been so obvious the whole time.

Fantastic stuff. That was the best episode by a mile, and the whole gang together stuff, complete with Pink Panther-style soundtrack was perfect after the slow darkness of the last few episodes. So many good head-to-heads. Brilliant if obvious Joan reentry. And fuck off with yourself now Betty Draper. I loved Don's 'you're so good and everyone else is so bad' - you said it.
And -
'YOU'RE FIRED'
'Very well, happy Christmas!'

Ah man, so many winners.

Roger's ok in work, but I think his martial problems/wife/daughter are boring. I'll give him a pass for providing us with the Pete/Trudy dancing scene tho.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

justed watched first epi of season 4.. loved it. thought season 3 ending was a bit of an everything ends now type of thing but its a new direction.
Dons separation and the new company.. fun times ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back