Mad Max: Fury Road (1 Viewer)

Saw it last night. Tom Hardy is bafflingly shit in it but still what a colossal movie it is visually (and aurally). Charlize steals the show.

when it came to it that lad with the guitar struck me as fucking stupid. the drummers were class but war guitarist was slightly on the wrong side of the cool/stupid divide of ridiculousness. i might change my mind on repeat viewings though.

when i saw nicholas hoult was in it i went 'oh no, not that cunt' (the little twat from about a boy or the smirking prick from skins) but he turned out to be great; fair play to him.

What struck me was that with gas/petrol in such short supply shouldn't they all be driving like Prius' or something as opposed to massive armoured tanker trucks etc.

i had to decide early on that such questions were pointless

like periodically flooding the place with water instead of doling it out sensibly
or wasting a load of radiator water to have a sexy hose-bath in the desert while on a dash for freedom that was mainly threatened by whether the vehicle could be maintained in working order

mrlogic.jpg

I'm gonna try and sneak my daughter in to this with me on Thursday

Sounds fucking RAD!

"I have a question for Tom Hardy. Tom, I’ll preface my remarks by saying that I have five sisters, a wife, a daughter and a mother so I know what it’s like to be outgunned by oestrogen. But I just wanted to ask you, as you were reading the script did you ever think ‘why are all these women in here. I thought this was supposed to be a man’s movie?"

29295-c64lq0.png

Best action film ever.

Here, when you're setting yourself up as an Emperor God in control of all resources you don't worry about rationing the water or petrol sensibly, it's all about the grand gestures. And the sexy underwear models made sense considering they were just there for super-villain "breeding" purposes.

Also I was impressed by how the guitar player kept going through everything, he wasn't just a token 10 seconds of screen time LOL.

Last edited:
"I have a question for Tom Hardy. Tom, I’ll preface my remarks by saying that I have five sisters, a wife, a daughter and a mother so I know what it’s like to be outgunned by oestrogen. But I just wanted to ask you, as you were reading the script did you ever think ‘why are all these women in here. I thought this was supposed to be a man’s movie?"

29295-c64lq0.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back