M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 speaker problems (1 Viewer)

kevin gallen

Website
www.qprdot.org
Eveytime i use these they make a loud bang and turn themselves off after half an hour or often less. The next day they will power up again fine but will not turn on for a good few hours even days sometimes after they blow. any ideas?

Either there a lemon or its power cables , plugboard, socket something like that ?!?!?!?!? If there new send the buggers back!

Yes, the light/power goes off and won't come back on for a while. Guy on another forum thinks I might need a firmware update for mbox. will try that. cheers.

Does the power light go off when they stop working?

Next time they stop working with your mbox, try playing something through the aux in, that'll narrow the problem down.

Yes, the light/power goes off and won't come back on for a while. Guy on another forum thinks I might need a firmware update for mbox. will try that. cheers.

Right o. Well if the power is failing then I'm not sure what good an mbox firmware update will do.
Double check all your power cabling, if they're pluged into a plugboard, try plugging them in directly to a socket, or changing the plugboard. It may be something as simple as a dodgy plug board socket.

If all is well and they keep going off, send them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back