lower deck gone? (1 Viewer)

bad news, time fo rpeopel to start lookinf for anonther venue, maybe take a wander round your area and see what pubs, social clubs etc are there and have a function room / large lounge etc. bohs on its own cant sustain a scene for smaller gigs

The Annesley house although on the northside is surely the answer?
They are very easy going in there and it's 10 mins from town.

there is a new events manager in the lower deck who plans to turn it into a "proper" music venue. after agreeing to give us more dates till the end of the year (and shaking on it), he rang to say we didnt fit in with his plans and were out - trustworthy, eh?

last gig is sept 7th. we are gonna temporarily move some gigs to bohs - though i'm not sure how that'll pan out as the last couple of times there i've got the impression that the barmen expect a "tip" from us for doing their job. plan is to scour the streets for a brand new location.

so if anyone has any worthwhile suggestions for venues... speak now or forever hold your peace.
we're thinking... somewhere that doesn't have gigs going on (and so would appreciate the extra revenue), although it would need to have the capactiy and be as central as possible.
ideas?

so if anyone has any worthwhile suggestions for venues... speak now or forever hold your peace.
we're thinking... somewhere that doesn't have gigs going on (and so would appreciate the extra revenue), although it would need to have the capactiy and be as central as possible.
ideas?
Upstairs over Conways in Parnell st? mighta being used b4 so I guess that was unsuitable?

Upstairs over Conways in Parnell st? mighta being used b4 so I guess that was unsuitable?

i really like that venue (when all the tables/chairs are moved) and the location is perfect but:

-they already have regular nights there, i'm guessing thursdays are fairly booked

-i booked two gigs there before on seperate occasions and the venue guy cancelled on me both times

-i heard they are aiming for a specific music theme, ie jazz/electro or something.. i guessed that was why they cancelled on me before

-they already have a PA and charge €€€. we want somewhere free with no PA

we're looking more for a place that is doing badly, has a spare function room, no neighbours and not much of a history of gigs happening. in the city centre. i know we don't ask for much :)

yep, waitin for that to happen. seems like theres a smooth fucker just waitin to take over once a venue has been established by hard work by people like damo/porco etc. its a vulture like situation!

best thing is to just move on, the good thing is that the gigs are not dependant on location or long neck bottles of lager, its usually the bands that make people walk the extra half mile.

guaranteed that you'll find another boozer who'll be delighted with the extra business.

will keep an eye out and let you know......

B.D.

thinking more of the firestone/music room when empty buildings come to mind. can't believe not a thing has been done to it in all this time. best venue/soundest/least hassle ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back