lower deck gone? (1 Viewer)

to be honest parnell mooney is not anywhere near the top of our list, due to various dealings with the place in the past. however, inquiries will be made what with this new management..

st nicholas of myra; not suitable for pig gods although a great space nonetheless.

yeah what did ya'll think of the ice bar tonight? the PA is mine and its shit but a fantastic gig happened. Not sure how happy the manager is with me, we went through 11 things that could be stopping me putting on another gig (human pyramids, cormac being cormac, "crowd surfing" is so passé, mongolia being loud etc)

although i saw a few people drinking cans and i regularly checked toilets underneath tables and found not one, so thanks for respecting the venue

its too small for decent Porco Dio gigs though... i dunno

anyway, the way it is with Chris (the manager) so far is just ask 4 weeks in advance, the venue is free to use and you have to finish 10 minutes before last orders... i left at 1.05... 35mins after last orders and there was still people hanging around... bet that went down well

Ice bar has been around for a while now, I don't think it works well for gigs. I go there sometimes for a quiet pint so the music really gets in the way :D. It's way too small.

Here I was heading up to Phibsboro there and walked past this place on Dorset Street called The Temple. Maybe you could have a look into doing gigs there, looks like it might be perfect for punk gigs.

What about the basement in doyles, apparently it's free and the bar stays open later than most pubs in dublin and it's right beside trinity which is where drinkin cans lives.

Doyle's have cheeky bouncers who would definitely be on the door for any gig u put on there and would probably turn peole away for havin a hot rock in there t shirt.

i actually think the promoters side of the scene is healthy enough to establish this... 3 gigs a week could sustain a venue, chip in on a good PA?

Aye but three gigs a week, every week? Would people go?

as far as i can see Chalk White are an enemy of Blast... the enemies of my enemy...

...are not necessarily my friends. ;)

some of the staff there where such cunts it make my blood boil to even think of them.

here here.dicks.
that and the fond memory of myself and members of Vitamin X nearly getting the shit kicked out of us outside the venue trying to get a taxi (and then having the taxi driver tell us one of the guys who was starting on us had recently stabbed a cop) ensure that I wouldn't be in any hurry to go near that place any time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back