4 - Disappearing - 3:32
5 - Hey - 7:41
6 - Days Like These - 5:21
7 - There's a Comma After Still - 1:52
8 - Don't Walk Away - 4:07
9 - More - 2:11
10 - The Price You Pay (It Must Be Wearing Off) - 7:08

Overview:
Hey What (stylized in all caps) is the 13th full-length album by Minnesota-based duo Low, released on September 10, 2021, through Sub Pop. It is their third recording produced by BJ Burton, who has worked with bands and musicians like Bon Iver, Charli XCX and Lizzo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK! groovy. I like that its a brand new release! I'm looking forward to this.
I'll listen to it tomorrow in work.

The 30 second clip opinion.

I like the songs, the melodies, the vibe. Its very pop.
The 4 track style production for the whole album could be a deal breaker.

the songs would probably be fairly pop without the production, which while not that appealing to me either, is by far the best thing about this. I tolerated listening to this for 30 minutes. self indulgent and the lyrics had nothing to say to me.

Mormon propaganda video for Days Like These

I listened to a few random songs from these folks from 1994, 1998 and 2005.
the earlier stuff was very boring, slow paced, slightly low fi indie rock.
these folks come across like my generation's version of early 1970's me-me singer songwriters.

I remember lots of jaw dropping when the last LP, Double Negative, came out and thinking how on earth could they possible follow it. Not only was it off the wall and glorious but it came after a 25 year run of amazing records. Wheels have to fall off sometime, like.

So, was anxious for this, but I think it's incredible, especially on decent speakers and cranked up mightily. House foundation shaking levels of sub on this, but despite the dissonance and noise the songs just ping out at me like bells, I don't think they've ever been better. 'Don't walk away' is just the prettiest love song.

INCIDENTALLY, the vinyl version is quite a bit shorter than the CD, they had to chop a bit off to have any hope of record player needles not having a shitfit when playing it. Most jarring is the loss of the amazing glitch transition between songs 1 and 2, it really misses it!

So, I ended up buying the CD as well as the vinyl, but prob just worth the CD if you're thinking of buying...

I remember lots of jaw dropping when the last LP, Double Negative, came out and thinking how on earth could they possible follow it. Not only was it off the wall and glorious but it came after a 25 year run of amazing records. Wheels have to fall off sometime, like.

So, was anxious for this, but I think it's incredible, especially on decent speakers and cranked up mightily. House foundation shaking levels of sub on this, but despite the dissonance and noise the songs just ping out at me like bells, I don't think they've ever been better. 'Don't walk away' is just the prettiest love song.

INCIDENTALLY, the vinyl version is quite a bit shorter than the CD, they had to chop a bit off to have any hope of record player needles not having a shitfit when playing it. Most jarring is the loss of the amazing glitch transition between songs 1 and 2, it really misses it!

So, I ended up buying the CD as well as the vinyl, but prob just worth the CD if you're thinking of buying...
Why not put it over 2 LPs? They've even done 3 sides in the past. Very strange decision.

I listened to this on cans in bed last night. Didnt know what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised.
Its fresh. I could see why someone wouldnt love it. But I like it so far. Obviously its all about the texture of the noise. I used to like a bit of noise in my younger years. Gonna listen on my monitors now.

It wasnt suitable to listen to in work. The clients would think I was having a wind up if I put this racket on.

I am not in a position to listen to it with earth shattering volume like Dudley suggested. TBH I don't listen to anything that loud. If something needs to be loud to enjoy then then it won't find an audience here in the shed. But I'll certainly listen to it loud enough to get a feel for it.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back