Louis CK Returns to Ireland (1 Viewer)

actwithoutwords

Website
www.likeheartsswelling.com
Haven't seen a thread on this: www.carlsbergcomedy.com
Corporate brandfest obviously, ticket prices upwards of 50% more expensive than the same comedians in Edinburgh. But fuck it, it's quite a good line up. A load of the usual standards, but a bunch of stuff you mightn't usually see over here. Most importantly Louis fucking CK is playing Dublin.
Any other fans around? Shameless is one of the best comedy DVD's I've seen. I just can't get enough of him calling his 4 year old daughter an asshole.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some stuff from a few years ago. Ludicrously offensive, but he does it with such charm it doesn't come across as self-indulgently "edgy".

His bank material, great stuff:

Pappy's Fun Club were deadly in Edinburgh last year, real energy to the sketches, and some very clever material. Reginald D Hunter is usually very good value as well, if borderline misogynistic. Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players were very good fun when I saw them 4 years ago, and apparently them have been steadily improving, so that should be well worth it too. There's an absolute ton of stuff on over the 4 days. Anyone else heading to any of it?

Definitely going to see CK (supported by Ardal O'Hanlon) and the Trachtenbergs.

I can never understand why comedy shows are so expensive.

deadly!!!! my housemate has series 1 of Lucky Louis which i have watched about 20 times now. it's fucking HILARIOUS.

but louis supported by ardal? uuuggghhh. i saw ardal stand up last year - he was meh.

i should check out going to see Louis though. he's awesome. thanks for the heads up!

Started watching Lucky Louie recently alright. It's great. I'd heard very mixed reports of it. The atmosphere occasionally seems a bit off, and some of the acting is kind of bollocks, but the gags are impeccable. I was laughing almost constantly.

when he calls his wife a fucking cunt - i kinda held my breath for a minute - you dont expect some of teh stuff that happens on the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back